And now

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what societies view on 'moving the dogs out' would be. Prob just an 'oh dear, oh well'

My neighbours dog has eaten my chickens! Shotgun time! grrr

The threads today are all prime stress areas for this beekeeper!

BTW
Just put a shilling on "According to Pete" in the Grand National!

Last edited:
No stress, chickens being replaced and much better news is that I have just rehived the swarmed bees and spotted the queen so all is well in the world again. Now to decide whether to progress towards getting the hive back together or let them continue to create a new colony.

If your neighbours dog can get at your chickens how do you go on with foxes?

Fox took 15 of mine sometime between 3 and 4.30pm!! He took one and buried one, the rest just decapitated:banghead:

He made the mistake of coming back for the one he buried and is now stuffed - literally :biggrinjester:

the fox will take them anytime of the day especialiy this time of year cubs to feed

I do, gosh what a long time ago it was - real money back then.:)

How did the dog get at the chickens?

Was it the dog, or the chickens, that was/were out of control?

the fox will take them anytime of the day especialiy this time of year cubs to feed

:iagree:
I was led to believe that dawn and dusk were the times that the fox would take them - but mine have always been taken during the afternoon :(

Fox in my field 5pm one afternoon last week and 8am next morning.......neither dawn nor dusk. Vixen with cubs will hunt at any time. The only bonus with the chickens being out is that they go one by one and not all at once. But alas treating my place like McDonalds makes me take reciprocal action.

Frisbee

Five actually mate ten pence is two bob

Call it by its proper name 10p is a florin,

i can remember buying a gallon of petrol for 3/11 for my moped in the 60's with two florins and getting a penny change...thats about 4and a half P per litre :eek:

I also used to get a florin or half a crown for helping out on the farm harvest....slave labour....about 2p per hour

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back