Advertising on the forum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is in your hands.

I have been all in favour of allowing business names as usernames - with the proviso that there is a high standard of non-advertising respect for the forum's ethos.
However spam4u is simply abusing the forum.
You are dealing with 'cleverness' (in the sense of clever-clever taking advantage) and not simple stupidity.
I'm not taking advantage, I don't want to advertise here if it's going to upset people please read this again and please for the last time.
I'M SORRY FOR UPSETTING YOU ALL & I'M NOT TRYING TO BE CLEVER. NOW CAN WE PLEASE DROP THIS WHOLE THING AND GET ON WITH A NORMAL FORUM. I KNOW I'M HONEST & SO DOES GOD AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS LET THIS BE THE END OF THE WHOLE AD THING, SORRY ADMIN RE BOOK THAT WAS A MISTAKE. SO COME ON FOLKS LETS STOP ALL THE POSTS AND START TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE. PLEASE. I'm not hiding behind usernames I'm open say things how they are..:party:

Admin has been exceedingly patient.
Excessively patient IMHO.

In time order starting from June 2011 -
I have a german cell raise box, it's wooden... and the buyer will have to collect from Folkestone Kent.
£30
For Sale, Smith crown board & Quilt
New not used, make me an offer. Folkestone Kent
Removed by Admin
Please read forum rules.
Admin.
post removed by admin.
No commercial advertising please.
I have a queen you can buy, PM me regards JM
buckfast queens
I breed them, private message me for more details
A full afternoons tuition on how to become a commercial bee keeper. Learn how to make a living from your bees. ... I've made my living from bees since 1992 ...

This is a german cell raiser box I've used for years, if you are interested in this have a look on ebay item number ...

... I don't advertise my queens for £32 or my nucs for £190 or my bee suits for £50 on this site, I wouldn't take advantage like that. I like this site very much...
... Fact= I don't feel I've broken any rules. ... SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
... re- the book, I'm not allowed to sell it here, I didn't even get far enough to ask about selling the book, adim said they would toast me if I did! which is a shame. You can pm me if you want to know what book it is.

Could anyone really think this is about selling one second-hand book?

Or is it about taking the piss while spamming the forum?

Yup, and I for one feel 'spammed upon' by this individual, and I don't like it. Far too late for any benefit of the doubt, it feels like we're being made monkeys of.

I feel that the forum has let it self down big time over the way this has been dealt with, i love this forum and i want to stay but i do think that personal attacks and the stuff do no one any good. People must also remeber that Libel laws still apply on here.

:iagree:
I'm in a pretty foul mood, so I'll apologise for this in advance but....
Seeing as Storm thinks I'm only good for stating the bleeding obvious, I'll do just that:
Admin, get a grip - delete the commercial posts, give Bees4u a final warning and sort out the bloody bullies that are making this forum an unpleasant, threatening place for many people. You are allowing this to run and run to the detriment of the forum.
Having a lenient approach and letting the forum 'police itself' is all very well in theory, but what it basically means is that everyone takes the piss and then every thread deteriorates into really unpleasant personal attacks.

Admin has been exceedingly patient.
Excessively patient IMHO.

In time order starting from June 2011 -
Gosh you've been busy, suggest you read post 83 again

Could anyone really think this is about selling one second-hand book?

you've been busy, suggest you read post 83 again

I'm not taking advantage, I don't want to advertise here if it's going to upset people please read this again and please for the last time.
I'M SORRY FOR UPSETTING YOU ALL & I'M NOT TRYING TO BE CLEVER. NOW CAN WE PLEASE DROP THIS WHOLE THING AND GET ON WITH A NORMAL FORUM. I KNOW I'M HONEST & SO DOES GOD AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS LET THIS BE THE END OF THE WHOLE AD THING, SORRY ADMIN RE BOOK THAT WAS A MISTAKE. SO COME ON FOLKS LETS STOP ALL THE POSTS AND START TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE. PLEASE. I'm not hiding behind usernames I'm open say things how they are..:party:

No need to shout

I also agree

This person clearly wants the kudos to be banned from the forum.

Personally I don’t understand how they have got this far its only dragging the forum down.

I did exactly what you've just said, put a course on the right place & ended up with 19 pages of complaints. Even though there are other courses advertised and because I stuck up for myself a small number of forum members went to town on me. :banghead: I agree with everything you say. Just sorry I've upset so many people. I want to sell a good book on here but too scare to advertise it now! I think I'll ask permission first so as not create another huge response!

I'd just sell it on epay. Seems a lot of people check out etray for bee keeping stuff anyway so there would be no need to try and make people aware of the item, it'll make anyway. Saves all this confusion :)

This thread has dragged on for nearly 100 posts so I think it is time to put it to bed now.

I dont like to lock posts as it can sometimes be an easy way out.

I will take up any issues I have with certain members by pm.

One of the main issues that needs to be resolved is members being impolite to other members,I now that some members have been very upset by some of the posts made in this thread and in general over the last few weeks.

I think its time I dusted off the admin hat again and start to crack down on members who tend to rub others up with their posting style.

This is no place to stretch ones muscles by being "internet bullies" for want of better words.

Lets get back to making us a nice place to visit rather than turning it into a war zone.

This thread has dragged on for nearly 100 posts so I think it is time to put it to bed now.

I dont like to lock posts as it can sometimes be an easy way out.

I will take up any issues I have with certain members by pm.

One of the main issues that needs to be resolved is members being impolite to other members,I now that some members have been very upset by some of the posts made in this thread and in general over the last few weeks.

I think its time I dusted off the admin hat again and start to crack down on members who tend to rub others up with their posting style.

This is no place to stretch ones muscles by being "internet bullies" for want of better words.

Lets get back to making us a nice place to visit rather than turning it into a war zone.

I'll second that :D
VM

OK, I started the thread and Johnandrob really answered the question posed at post #2, which was: In that context I dont think any of us would want that

Well, it was fairly obvious that a few were anti me (thanks derekm) and a few pro spam4u and a few pro advertising, but the conscensus seems to be that the post has at leat cleared the air. This is the first post on the thread by me since the starter, so it seems to show there is a great deal of feeling about it. I hope the rot is cut out because there are now 2715 items for sale on my epay beekeeping saved search.

Admin, please, by all means, lock the thread. I think it has served it's purpose.

RAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back