Advertising on the forum

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the problem, if you have something for sale put it in the ' equip for sale ' section, if an ad appears anywhere else in the forum, admin could politely point them in the direction of the forum rules and the relevant section the first time, second time turf them off. Go and sell your stuff elsewhere, this forum is for questions and answers to beekeeping problems and issues related to beekeeping. How difficult is that to understand?
I did exactly what you've just said, put a course on the right place & ended up with 19 pages of complaints. Even though there are other courses advertised and because I stuck up for myself a small number of forum members went to town on me. :banghead: I agree with everything you say. Just sorry I've upset so many people. I want to sell a good book on here but too scare to advertise it now! I think I'll ask permission first so as not create another huge response!

That's a fairly standard procedure Bees4U - what usually happens is you go to the media section on here - make a post detailing the content of the book. Write a small (very small) review about what you thought of the book and tell everyone where they can get it. Usually Amaz@n.

Now the dodgy bit - if it's your book written by you and sold on fleabay by you it's - "sh£t deflectors on and switch to maximum" followed by "elevate limbs and treat for shock".

If it's not about bees ignore everything I have said and kiss your arris goodbye lol. Seriously though we all love books about bees.

If in doubt ask Admin - innit.

Last edited:
The courses section was started for new beekeepers to find local BBKA (Not for profit) courses in their area.

I thought most members would be able to work that out seeing as we do not allow advertising.

I dont use the BBKA forum myself but one of the many members who complained about your posts informed me that you had already spammed them to death and said you possibly planned to do the same to us.

Its very simple Bees4u: We have many beekeepers who sell bee related goods yet non of them advertise here as they respect the rules,we have had only a handful of members who I have had to ban for advertising,for example Mike Roberts(Gone) Peak Hives(Gone),truth is I must be going soft because you should of been gone a few posts ago.

Your in the business of advertising your goods and services,I am in the business of not allowing advertising on this forum because its run on donations to stop any advertising,as you can see we have a problem.

In regards to the forum rules on advertising your book you are not allowed.
Mention any part of your business in future and your toast...

but are you alllowed to say in more detail ,what your business actually is, in your profile ?
then perhaps if asked about something, you could tell people to look at the profile ?

e.g. "Manufacture top quality cedar national hives for sale, breeder of quality queens ,plus nucs for sale"

The problem with that is everytime someone asks advice it would be "Check my profile".
Word soon spreads in regards to other members saying contact XYZ member for a hive or queens/nuc's ect and that seems to work well.

... truth is I must be going soft because you should of been gone a few posts ago. ...

It seems like extreme kindness that spam4u has not already been added to the forum censored words list.
In this case, perhaps a different username is called for, asap?

The courses section was started for new beekeepers to find local BBKA (Not for profit) courses in their area.

I thought most members would be able to work that out seeing as we do not allow advertising.

I dont use the BBKA forum myself but one of the many members who complained about your posts informed me that you had already spammed them to death and said you possibly planned to do the same to us.

Its very simple Bees4u: We have many beekeepers who sell bee related goods yet non of them advertise here as they respect the rules,we have had only a handful of members who I have had to ban for advertising,for example Mike Roberts(Gone) Peak Hives(Gone),truth is I must be going soft because you should of been gone a few posts ago.

Your in the business of advertising your goods and services,I am in the business of not allowing advertising on this forum because its run on donations to stop any advertising,as you can see we have a problem.

In regards to the forum rules on advertising your book you are not allowed.
Mention any part of your business in future and your toast...
Wow! what a telling off!, I used to go on the BBKA forum and I used to put my beginners courses on there and that's all, not sure what the other person means about me spamming them. Anyway, IT'S NOT TRUE. but I'm sure you'll believe them.
I've already said sorry for any mistakes I've made and quite shocked at your attitude as to toasting me. The BBKA forum admin never said anything to me about my course ads ever, so I think you've been supplied with false info, again I've got to defend myself for making a simply mistake. This time I asked whether I'd be able sell one book, not written by me, a kind reply of no would have been fine with me. I think you are being overly hard on me and I think I understand now what some of the members mean when they say you drive people away from this forum. So OK, I get it, no ads, now can you leave me alone.

That's a fairly standard procedure Bees4U - what usually happens is you go to the media section on here - make a post detailing the content of the book. Write a small (very small) review about what you thought of the book and tell everyone where they can get it. Usually Amaz@n.

Now the dodgy bit - if it's your book written by you and sold on fleabay by you it's - "sh£t deflectors on and switch to maximum" followed by "elevate limbs and treat for shock".

If it's not about bees ignore everything I have said and kiss your arris goodbye lol. Seriously though we all love books about bees.

If in doubt ask Admin - innit.
thanks for the advice Storm re- the book, I'm not allowed to sell it here, I didn't even get far enough to ask about selling the book, adim said they would toast me if I did! which is a shame. You can pm me if you want to know what book it is.

thanks for the advice Storm re- the book, I'm not allowed to sell it here, I didn't even get far enough to ask about selling the book, adim said they would toast me if I did! which is a shame. You can pm me if you want to know what book it is.

:banghead:

The answer is in your hands.

It seems like extreme kindness that spam4u has not already been added to the forum censored words list.
In this case, perhaps a different username is called for, asap?
I have been all in favour of allowing business names as usernames - with the proviso that there is a high standard of non-advertising respect for the forum's ethos.
However spam4u is simply abusing the forum.
You are dealing with 'cleverness' (in the sense of clever-clever taking advantage) and not simple stupidity.

The answer is in your hands.

I vote for a ban:iamwithstupid: Of the member that is.

There are are plenty of people we all know that have many good things to sell, but they come to the forum to use it as a forum and not peddle their goods.

Last edited:
Oh well there you go. I was really excited by the possibility of a new beekeeping book that i had not read. Sigh. I'll have to reread another. If only there were some way ..... Does anyone else know what book she meant???? I could order some in for Christmas .....

..... Does anyone else know what book she meant???? I could order some in for Christmas .....

i think her original reference was to one secondhand book (of unspecified title/author) which she has now finished with and wishes to sell on.

:iagree:
I read it the same way Jake. I think one or two members should probably take a step back and let the red mist clear. Promoting a course (for profit) is one thing (commercial), selling on a 2nd hand book is quite another.

I really am getting annoyed at how Bees4u is being treated.

Can everybody take a step back and breath please. i have been reading all the attacks, personal and otherwise at this person.

Admin is there anyway you and bees4u could come to an agreement? what is wrong with her selling secondhand equipment. I for one discovered this forum due to a commecial beekeeper retiring and selling off his equipment (advertised on this very forum and sold through Fleabay). if i hadnt i would not have been able to afford to start up.

maybe if bees4u were only allowed to advertise what she wants to sell and only sells it through the forum auction (second hand stuff) not new. and she only puts the info about them in the for sale section and not in the main forum.

I feel that the forum has let it self down big time over the way this has been dealt with, i love this forum and i want to stay but i do think that personal attacks and the stuff do no one any good. People must also remeber that Libel laws still apply on here.

I do understand that maybe she hasnt helped herself out so well with pouring oil on the fire but please please please for the good of the forum remeber that it is for all, not just the few.

What about hivemakers blatant advertising in his profile????

if you are not one of the establishment you are fair game?
if you are one of the establishment you are immune?

Where is justice?

To be honest I see nothing wrong in hivemakers line in his profile, but there must be equal treatment for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back