a dead parrot riding a bike in scotland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well tonights up date is very impressive he has managed to go from glasgow to dumfries today and without having his bike pinched in paisley!!

so tonight since its a rest day tomorrow he is hold up in the abourdour hotel in the town centre of dumfries with a decent hot meal tonight and beers and a hearty breaky and a packed lunch, i did warn the manageress that you would be able to smell the new arrival, six days of stream washes dont realy work.

she is going to stick all his washing through the machine tonight for us so he dont smell to bad, it must be bad even the midges are leaving him alone now.

but with any luck this should be his last night behind the wall and returning to blighty some time tomorrow afternoon.

according to the book by simon brown we are following so is junior hedgerow as a guide come map he is about one day infront and hopefully past the worst of the lumpy things that are left every where in scotland. thats it hill's, lol

so next week according to the book he should be able to do the wall to bristol or just past, into the other great area of the unknown cornwall and devon. thats six days and a lot of miles to do before the last rest day which should be about somerset somewhere.

again many many thanks to all who have donated money or as per poly hive a beautifull nuc, many thanks peter

well since i am going to spend the better part of today stuck having meeting, heres todays update.

sitting on soft sofa doing nothoing untill 3pm a quick pedel down the road and he has decided to spend the last night in scotland camped on top of hadrians wall, literally camped on top of the wall, so when he wakes up on wednesday morning he will be back in blighty in two steps.

is that something to do with hot stone therapy? sleeping on the wall?
great to read your updates, going great guns, continue the good work.;)

Get your hands in your pockets!!!

Just had a look at the donations site- http://www.bmycharity.com/thecrazzybikers123 It appears there have been about 40 donations so far. There are over 5,000 members on this site!!!

If you haven't donated yet there's still time. This is a heroic effort not worthy on behalf of an excellent charity :hurray::hurray: Be part of it while there's still time!

righty ho heres todays update, we have left sunny scotland

View attachment 4509

and rolled off the wall this morning back into civilization and some decent hot sunny weather, unforunutly too hot and being a true male weston decided on topping up the tan would be cool, so we are now slightly sunburnt and crispy on the left side and pink on the right side,

we have now had a complete failure of the mobile phone , we think it got too damp whilst in scotland so we are now doing the call box to dad and the following return call 5 secs later, good old dad !!!

we spoke to him at appleby in westmoorland at 3pm and he was hoping to push through to kirkby longdale for tonight rest stop which is a fair old distance of about 88miles

we cant quite put out finger on when he will be in a certain place because he does like to have his scenic tours when the moods strike so the best we can say is that he should be around telford way for friday at this rate, he is hoping to hit wigan way tomorrow night, this puts teleford in reach for friday and then its a quick car trip hope for us to go and find hime friday /saturday, i have a load of bits for the bike which i will replace and then its a mumsie hug and a mumsies nosh bag and hope fully we are looking at him being at bristol around sunday time. so taunton is roughly planned for monday /tuesday ish

i will replace his phone for us on friday when we go to see him and if you like i can post the number up here so you can send messages of support and any that what to meet up along the way can call him to find out where he is.

pete

Last edited:
i have just got the book out we should be doing kirkby to warrington tomorrow

then warrington to iron bridge friday

sat is iron bridge to pershore and then mummy

sunday is pershore to stroud
monday is stroud to bridge water
tuesday bridgewater to moretonhampstead
wednesday , moretonhampstead to to par
thursday par to lands end

give or take a day

whew, thats a lot to do in such a short time, you have a very determined lad, keep posting .. I feel like its a soap opera and I need my next fix.... stay strong and good luck on the next epic journey...
we are all here for you

Kirkby Lonsdale great little market town, me and the sisters still own the family home in the town, but then I guess your son has no time for sight seeing just straight down the A65. Making good progress all the same.

Good look

Oh wow! I thought this was about a joke about a parrot! Let me see what the money situation is next week and I'll see if i can donate.

Well done Tim, love the hair btw, this coming from someone with Ribena coloured hair at the moment :p

Safe journey

well as of last night we spent the evening in clithroe or just outside it. i think northside some where.

he is getting a little fed up with the hilly bits now. you dont realise how uneven blighty is untill you cycle it,

he is aiming for iron bridge today with a mum and dad greetting party for when he arrives, he is then going to spend saturday at home, feeding up whilst dad rebuilds the bike for him, its quite surprissing how little some bike stuff lasts at times, but then again most bike stuff is only realy designed for commutting not for doing 500miles in a week whilst fully loaded.

and then saturday evening we are going to run him back to were we collected him, chalk mark "X" on the road to make sure!

then its the last week to finish off, he is still looking at a thursday finish, which i think is blooming wonderfull,

if the old hedgerow was doing it after a week i would still be pushing the bike past inverness by now!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres no way my bum could have taken that sort of abuse.

saturday for you all will be bliss, washing ,cooking , a bottle of vino and feet up.. keep the posts coming ,and fantastic work.

if the old hedgerow was doing it after a week i would still be pushing the bike past inverness by now!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a lot of us are with you on that one Pete! Hats off to the parrot-rustler not worthy

Donation site doesnt seem to do Paypal.

evening everyone and here is tim and my better half alison
View attachment 4527
we are having a mumsy night tonight, i went off to telford to collect the smelly hairy one and after a massive nosh and i do mean nosh, she went mental as the baby is coming back tonight, two massive pizzas, chips , kebab meat, nan breads and larger by the bucket,

he is now in the shower scraping off several layers of traffic grime and fluff

so todays distance was clithero to teleford which is well impressive

any way tonight dad has dismanteled the bike ready to rebuild when i get back from work saturday afternoon.

we also have the royal visit booked, with great gran ma her self turning up saturday afternoon

i have booked in with his nibs about coming down to our beekeepers arms pub at 8pm on saturday night for an hour, so he can thank the many many great people out here in person,

and lastly dont worry he ant packed it in mummy is kicking him out the car at sunday morning back at the telford conema to continue onwards

Last edited:
well we hoofed him out the house on sunday again and back to telford to restart the great bike run.

not bad for a first day back with every thing tightend up.
telford to stroud in one hop

and yesterday monday we had another tim divertion as instead of whizzing through bristol we stopped off and went banksy hunting instead so last night we stayed just outside bristols south side. but this is the good thing about traveling on your own is the fact you can do these things

Latest posts

Back