2012 ??????????

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you Beekeeping aspirations for 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MartinL

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
What are your aspirations for your girls next year?

More Honey?:drool5::drool5:

More bees?bee-smillie

Easy life?:coolgleamA:

Greater income?:sifone:

Experimentation???:confused:

Maintain the Status Quo?

Something else??????? :eek: :confused: :nature-smiley-005::nature-smiley-005:

Concentrating on my gentle hard working Buckfast and glad to see the back of the black devils.

Something else.... working towards the Honey and beekeeping co-operative ideal, free from the dogma related to existing organisations!

"I am guessing tha M Abielle will at least go for the first option. What thinks you Dr S?"

Precisely!!!! Me too though - have at least now got a good critical mass.

aim to have a proper go at queen rearing and ensure optimal swarm control.

More Honey no. 1, more bees would be good. More income AND an easier life would be good as well, but I suspect they don't all come in the same package.

As for maintaining the status quo- they're loaded, they can look after themselves!

I am guessing tha M Abielle will at least go for the first option. What thinks you Dr S?

Bang on RAB, although also ticked a request for an easier life which I suspect may be mutually exclusive.

As for maintaining Status Quo, I'm all in favour of preserving institutions but I think they've had their time (is this where you reach for the tin hat?) EDIT: just read Skyhooks comment, so that as well.

Easier life - I'll be selling off some colonies as I struggled to find the time for them all this year.

Easier life - I'll be selling off some colonies as I struggled to find the time for them all this year.

be careful what you say in public, comments like that could see you buried beneath a stampede of new beekeepers!!

More honey definitely as I now have orders to fulfil! :sifone:
More bees (to justify all the kit i bought in Maisemores and thornes sales madness) :drool5: :D
I'll be lucky to preserve the income I've got as it seems to be open season on public servants :mad: :beatdeadhorse5:

But as long as I've got my health to enjoy my bees!bee-smilliebee-smilliebee-smillie

"as long as I've got my health to enjoy my bees!"

Cytuno'n llwyr !
Up, down or status quo, this is the only important thing.

More honey, more bees and hopefully a few nucs to sell on to try and make back a few quid I've spent on the bees:rolleyes:

I'd like to get a couple of swarms into a Warre and a TBH as an experiment.

I know all the pros and cons, but who knows, maybe I will prefer one of them?

Back