14x12 Correlex Nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveJ

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Does anybody know of a supplier of 14x12 Correx Nuc Boxes?

SteveJ

Last edited:
I have two from fragile planet. They don't stock them any more. Such a useful bit of kit. I am going to buy a big sheet of correx and make some myself

There's a guy imminently producing correx bait hives..
Bait hives.com

I have subscribed to this and await confirmation of prices and availability, they seem pretty good and can double up as a Nuc during the summer so fingers crossed they will be substantially less than a poly Nuc.

I have two from fragile planet. They don't stock them any more. Such a useful bit of kit. I am going to buy a big sheet of correx and make some myself

I bought one as a template..... could not make one at same price as correx sheet was almost as much as the unfolded nuc kit!.. and I am no expert at Origami!

Eventually invested in a few ekes to my existing collection of std National pollies to satisfy the occasional demand for 14x12s

** get the 2mm stuff... the 4mm does not like to bend so well!

Yeghes da

The ekes are really useful...I'm using some for feeding fondant ATM on a nuc...which already has one on it as it is a 14x12 nuc. I could do with a few more this year too.

The ekes are really useful...I'm using some for feeding fondant ATM on a nuc...which already has one on it as it is a 14x12 nuc. I could do with a few more this year too.
Tremy my sweet!
You just can not have enough kit.... or mugs of tea for scaffolders
( Skibber is being readied for repointing!)

Ground hog day tomorrow... just been out and given him a carrot... Deu he is so grumpy... landlady at the local pub says he is banned unless on a lead.
Bit her and chased the pub cat last year!:icon_204-2:

Yeghes da

Tremy my sweet!
You just can not have enough kit.... or mugs of tea for scaffolders
( Skibber is being readied for repointing!)

Ground hog day tomorrow... just been out and given him a carrot... Deu he is so grumpy... landlady at the local pub says he is banned unless on a lead.
Bit her and chased the pub cat last year!:icon_204-2:

Yeghes da

I bask in your endearment:icon_204-2:
Are you doing refurbishments?
Obee1 has some of those correx boxes...she was using them for her bee expansions. She thought they were good I think.
Ground hogs...nasty little critters. I hope you threw the carrot or you could lose a finger...:icon_204-2:

If I had one to reverse I would.

Very long round trip to borrow one of mine!

There was a company in Spain producing a Langstroth version.... but quantity and costs needed to supply to UK made them a tad expensive.
Had thoughts of overwintering in them... possibly with a cosy?

Yeghes da

i bought a 14x12 correx nuc from Weald Place Farm Bees (a name from the past) who thankfully no longer trade in bees) it did arrive and i used it for swarm collecting and gave it to another swarm collector to use

His wife recycled it,,,,ahhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
Back