Yet another new hive ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A metal detector is a useful tool when processing reclaimed timber.

Find metal in trees when saw milling them as well, nails, steel rope, chain, etc, more so if the trees are from the outside of a forest or individual farm or garden trees, best avoided or at least the lower sections.

What about sand and stones

Last edited:
At least you spoil your machines with rubbish wood. And you waste the most valuable: Human work.

The wood material in pallets is the most miserable.

Beekeepers abandon even normal pine. Then to jump,to rubbish makes no sense.

German pine and Scandinavian are very different. But nowadays Russia exports lots of Wood to Europe

I have seen natural beekeepers hives and they look terrible. They spoil even well made wood works.

Last edited:
Something you didn't learn at university... when you were doing your lumberjacks degree.

Yeah. I have now 3 chain saws.

My father was lumberjack and went to work to forest at the age of 12.
I learned from him enough wood work.

What idea is to go to university and become lumberjack.

University guys do these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soLjGPknv2o

A Finnish production.

Most lumberjack men did not worked over 50 y age. They were really sick.

Last edited:
Last edited:
A metal detector is a useful tool when processing reclaimed timber.

Find metal in trees when saw milling them as well, nails, steel rope, chain, etc, more so if the trees are from the outside of a forest or individual farm or garden trees, best avoided or at least the lower sections.

You teach beginners to use carbages in their beehives?

odd friend

As for POLLENATION ... it's POLLINATION !!! Don't they have a spell checker in Marketing ?[/QUOTE]

Its Pollen Nation . Get it [emoji4] . Il get me coat .

Dangerous things chain saws I've seen some in a real bad condition and likely to kill the operator. Anyone who does a bit of DIY sharpening get a certificate it could save your life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quite like the design of the floor and roof, if you're going to spend the time and effort making the boxes then I would ditch the pallet wood and go for something a bit more longer lasting, however some engineering pallets are made from hard wood and are suitable for any hive parts. If it saves a [emoji268] then personal I can't see anything wrong with the project + it get people of their asses and into the world of beekeeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back