Would you belive it!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got Queens though the post here ok, the only problem i get is that my postman dont like bees so he has someone else deliver them. But he asks that i have recieved them okay though..

Just been informed by a very good souce
since this happened in scotland in becomes a capital offence against the Queen!!
( Not the Queen Bees)

suggest a complaint to royal mail, request refund of postage and a claim for compensation to at least the value of the queens or the max you can get away with within limits of the compensation offered by the mode of postage you chose. they don't know that the queens will still be ok to send again.

if you need the address ( PO in plymouth) i can give it to you.

i had fertile eggs go missing (RM) - claim initially refused until i pointed out their T&C wording as in previous post.

so long as appropriately packed, sent 1st, RM or SD and labelled fragile/perishable you are ok.

Bess are except from the "Cruelty to animals" laws and are permitted to be sent by mail.

"Bees are except from the "Cruelty to animals" laws and are permitted to be sent by mail."

i presume the RM would still be right to reject a queen cage sellotaped to a postcard though!

Just a quick update
went to the post office and everything fell on deaf ears
so i called a local news paper
http://icdumfries.icnetwork.co.uk/gallowaynews/
nice story ithought
and then yesterday the national news papers sent a reporter

Love it! Well done mate I hope the old Jobs Worth at the counter has had to eat her words! I hope you get full compensation too. Let this be a lesson to all those Jobs Worth's Post office counter employees.

Some people are so far removed from nature they believe that rump steak comes from Tesco in cling film packs.
Nice to see beekeepers as stroppy as their bees at the moment, starting to love this forum!!

Latest posts

Back