Why sugar mixing is so important?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Four most valuable brands in 2016 are

1. Apple, 145,3 mrd dollar brand value

2. Microsoft, 69,3 mrd

3. Google, 65,6 mrd

4. Coca-Cola, 56 mrd

Look out Coca-Cola. What does the company do. It mixes sugar and water.

Do not under estimate syrup things

Last edited:
Well ... that was a conversation stopper !!..

Have you ever dropped a copper coin into a glass of coca cola and left it there overnight ?

No wonder Americans lead the world in tooth decay and obesity ... and the UK is catching up fast ...

Well I will not be using Coca-Cola in my winter feed. What ratio do they use 1-1 or 2-1?
Allegedly used as a toilet cleaner.

Will it kill varroa, has anybody seen any research papers?
Mind the FDA probably would want know if it was found to be an insecticide as well.

Will it kill varroa, has anybody seen any research papers?
Mind the FDA probably would want know if it was found to be an insecticide as well.

Now you come to mention it, from what I read, in India the farmers are using Coca Cola as a pesticide, one, because it is cheaper, two, because the factory uses contaminated water to make the Coke. The water contains many pesticides.

An orange will clean a copper coin if you left it overnight, thinking about it so will brown sauce, nothing wrong with a class of coke just drink it in moderations. Unfortunately the Americans don't do anything in moderations.

It has to be HP though.. ;)

After reading the list of ingredients that are contained in HP Sauce these days over my Sundasjust y morning fryup - I've started to make my own ... not quite perfected the recipe yet but it's close to what HP used to taste like when I was a kid ... but there's none of the garbage in there and certainly no colourants, preservatives or additives ... it's the Tamarind that gives it that unique flavour .. everything else is just flavour shades or fillers ... got to get the balance right

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back