White pollen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BILL.HEARD

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Have seen white pollen coming in for the last ten days on several hives.
It appears as long paper like pieces that are attached to the pollen baskets but stream behind them, it reminds me of tissue paper. I have not been able to get a photo so far. There is no pollen on the back of the bees.
Has anyone seen pollen of this nature before?

Collecting something and bringing spiders webs back too! Possible?

Could be pollen from evening primrose although that is nearing the end of its flowering period

Hi Bill,
I have been meaning to ask that question too, but was a bit stumped on how to describe it! My bees have been collecting it for weeks. Wonder why it is so difficult to get it into the baskets neatly? Thanks - another mystery solved.

Mine are still bringing it in and also bright yellow pollen ??

At my place mostly at the moment..
Cichorium intybus-Common Cichory, white pollen
Linaria vulgaris - Yellow Toadflax, yellow pollen

Or, when is lack of pollen they bring in the hives corn flour if some is feeding livestock with it near.. That could look massive on their legs but no use as they say..

I even read that one "beekeeper" got idea of pouring of corn flour in the feeder:rofl:, eventually he quit beekeeping..

Hi Bill ! I think it might be Fuchsia pollen...Plenty in flower down here in Coombe Vale...
Have seen them collecting it and it does appear not to fit into the pollen baskets .
N

Hi Bill ! I think it might be Fuchsia pollen...Plenty in flower down here in Coombe Vale...
Have seen them collecting it and it does appear not to fit into the pollen baskets .
N

Hi N,
Thanks for that, yes there is a lot of it still blooming up this way, I will take a look and see if I can get a photo.
Best regards, Bill

Latest posts

Back