Which Areas Are Still Getting Pollen?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girls are still bringing in loads of pollen - mainly bright orange and a bold yellow. I have quite a few ghostly white bees coming back from the H balsalm. I have had 1 or 2 coming in with green pollen. I live right on an estuary with farm land around me (full of animal feed/maize) so I wonder what the green pollen is?

up til last week was a mid yellow colour - presume plantain as there were a lot on them in the field. Now it is bright orange-yellow - presume now ivy.

Some coming back with fluorescent orange pollen, other with dull yellow/cream (probably Ivy). Still very busy.

Some coming back with fluorescent orange pollen, other with dull yellow/cream (probably Ivy). Still very busy.

sounds like a carbon copy of my lot, but mine are also bringing balsam too, they are very busy bees :)

My Bees are still arriving laden with pollen making very heavy landings. Thinking of installing some arresting wires next year :smilielol5:

Although I hope they won't get used by a (F/A 18) Hornet

SteveJ

Pollen charts are pretty much useless. They frankly dinna match what you see on the bees. Printing ink and so on makes a huge odds.

Mine have HB still (to my surprise) + bright orange and some deep yellow.

PH

Pollen charts are pretty much useless. They frankly dinna match what you see on the bees. Printing ink and so on makes a huge odds.

Mine have HB still (to my surprise) + bright orange and some deep yellow.

PH

HB has mostly all gone over near me, ivy has now started though and bees today are noticibly making good use of it.
Is there any other method other than the obvious experience if charts are useless?
Cheers
S

HB lasts around here until the first frost proper :D.
Being a Hymalayan plant, it secretes nectar at a lower temperature than any native plant save perhaps Ivy !

John Wilkinson

Hi kazmcc
Just relax and let the bees take the strain by you worring weather or not there bring in pollen is not going to help the situation any is it? But I do understand where your coming from.

Mo

Latest posts

Back