Where can I buy extractors and storage containers?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee-yonce

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
We're new to the 'Honey Industry' and looking to buy at competitive prices, food grade stainless steel extractors, food grade stainless steel storage containers and bulk glass or plastic jars.
I have no idea who the main players are.

You don’t need stainless steel for storage. 30lb and 15lb food grade plastic tubs are fine.
Google will give you a list but best prices can vary week to week on offers, Bee equipment, Thornes, Maisemores, Abelo, the list is endless, or eBay and China if you just want cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How many extractors were you thinking of buying?

I have no extractors for sale but your not really giving enough details to warrant a good answer.

You looking for manual or motored?
You looking for 2 frame, 4 frame, 12 frame, 20 frame more?
What frames should they be able to extract national, commercial, langstroth? super? brood?

You looking for a 230V or a three phase setup?

You don’t need stainless steel for storage. 30lb and 15lb food grade plastic tubs are fine.
Google will give you a list but best prices can vary week to week on offers, Bee equipment, Thornes, Maisemores, Abelo, the list is endless, or eBay and China if you just want cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for yr feedback.
Do you think food grade plastic tubs are suitable for honey being produced in hot countries? 30-40 degrees etc?

If any other suppliers spring to mind feel free to list them.

I have no extractors for sale but your not really giving enough details to warrant a good answer.

You looking for manual or motored?
You looking for 2 frame, 4 frame, 12 frame, 20 frame more?
What frames should they be able to extract national, commercial, langstroth? super? brood?

You looking for a 230V or a three phase setup?

I'm not looking to buy extractors here and now, I was asking for a list of suppliers.

Thanks for yr feedback.
Do you think food grade plastic tubs are suitable for honey being produced in hot countries? 30-40 degrees etc?

If any other suppliers spring to mind feel free to list them.

Are you proposing to import honey? Where from?

‘Goggle’. Suitable words. Such a ‘ beekeeping supplies’, ‘beekeeping suppliers’, ‘honey extractors’.

They will be there. ‘Industry’ and wanting ‘several’ makes you appear as a dealer and not a beekeeper.

If a dealer, I am surprised you know so little about equipment suppliers, so your post might be construed as trying to buy secondhand cheap, with a view to selling at somewhat inflated prices - which is not the idea of this forum.

If a dealer, go forth and m

If not, please explain yourself for the benefit of forum users, before too long.

A rough idea of your budget, location, type and scale of enterprise and level of experience would enable the forum to advise you better.

I agree RAB , why on earth would you want to buy five extractors. Fishy. Need more info because although we are a really helpful lot we hate being taken for a ride!
E

Are some of us not being a tad on the hostile side?

Its not at all unusual for a small enterprise in a developing country to seek advice, and sometimes just from someone they know in a developed country. Have had several recent approaches myself.

Why five extractors? Well it might well be a small co=operative in a collection of villages somewhere and to need five is not at all odd.

Usually these place do NOT see us as the holy grail of honey markets, and their local prices are stronger than they would get here. They just lack the technology and the contacts and contact helpful individuals in places they think might be able to help.

I do not see anything suspicious, or fishy, or wrong, with asking about this.

The questions that are really relevant are about what the local infrastructure (ie power supply) situation is like, how much honey to be extracted and what the budget is. Recommendations can then follow. At least some have said the same thing.

I notice no-one mentioned Fritz, or Lega, or a whole host of good sound eastern European makers. Nothing wrong with Chinese either if you get your spec right.

Never heard of the translate function BF?

Works fine for me.

PH

I agree RAB , why on earth would you want to buy five extractors. Fishy. Need more info because although we are a really helpful lot we hate being taken for a ride!
E

Honey Spinning! It’s like spinning on bike but using manual extractors, good exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back