What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been hovering around that for weeks here. We've had a couple of days of summer at around 18-19 degrees about two weeks ago. Today were basking in 14 degree rain and 20mph SW winds, I do hope summer will return sometime soon.:cool:
Similar weather conditions here in the north Lake District ☹️

Lime and bramble coming to an end here in West London. Plenty of Knapweed on the Ealing Common ‘wild flower’ area and also clover where it hasn’t been mowed recently. Weather looking grim though.

Extracted for one of my clients yesterday and the honey was extremely light. I think it must have been the row of lime trees on the big estate down the hill. All the blossom lying on the ground this morning after last night’s monsoon.

Could hear a lot of activity amongst this group of Lime trees yesterday, not quite open yet. Some nearer to the house will be about 7 to 10 days behind. Hopeful.image-68b1d0fc-8bc6-462e-8051-08ebb3cadb834231646228596633599.jpg

Thirteen Limes been in flower for a week now and only seen Honey bees on them one morning and not that many. With the recent rain and more in the forecast, I expect most of the flowers will be on the deck by next weekend.
Nasty storm in the small hours of Sunday, I woke to find my (very large) Bramley fallen.

Could hear a lot of activity amongst this group of Lime trees yesterday, not quite open yet. Some nearer to the house will be about 7 to 10 days behind. Hopeful.View attachment 40602
There’s one big lime in the village, but its leaves are tatty and battered from the winds and rain. The flower buds are few.

Do you have much of a flow on at the moment in Norfolk/Yarmouth area?

Crazy crazy flow on here, I’ve never seen so much comb drawn so quickly.
Struggling to keep up with the 12 nucs most of them were ok 5 days ago even after removing brood and adding frames of foundation but nope they are drawn and layed in, five of the nucs have got creative in the roof space.

One of my production colonys which is a single brood had three frames of brood removed two weeks ago again they are drawn and filled this colony has three capped supers on I’m making frames to add another or I might extract two and get them back on pronto.

Two of my demareed colony’s out on the home farm are chocker with both brood boxes and two capped supers and one being drawn and filled, I’ll have to add more supers to both.

Um more going on but I just can’t believe how the bees in Hereford and on the farm are performing with this honey flow.
When everything in my life has gone to the dogs, the bees are working with me, some how they must know and they are rewarding me with lovely queens and honey.
Thankyou my beautiful black girls 😘

Struggling to keep up with the 12 nucs most of them were ok 5 days ago even after removing brood and adding frames of foundation but nope they are drawn and layed in, five of the nucs have got creative in the roof space.

One of my production colonys which is a single brood had three frames of brood removed two weeks ago again they are drawn and filled this colony has three capped supers on I’m making frames to add another or I might extract two and get them back on pronto.

Two of my demareed colony’s out on the home farm are chocker with both brood boxes and two capped supers and one being drawn and filled, I’ll have to add more supers to both.

Um more going on but I just can’t believe how the bees in Hereford and on the farm are performing with this honey flow.
When everything in my life has gone to the dogs, the bees are working with me, some how they must know and they are rewarding me with lovely queens and honey.
Wow, not sure how you manage all that. Good to hear though. Any pollen indicators of what they are on?

Same here mate, bunging a super a week on!

Same here mate, bunging a super a week on!
It’s good it makes up for last season,all the honey I’ve extracted so far is mainly lime/privet/bramble/clover.
In town here there are lots of limes still to flower some are small leafed the others have bigger leaves. Small leafed lime I think in the photo.
The hb travels for miles down the river wye which is a stones through away. Another thing it’s humid as hell and for the last three days we’ve had rain heavy at times and it’s not slowed the bees , are they mad? actually no there not, if only we were more like them.

IMG_3342.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3340.mov
    17.4 MB
Last edited:
Wow, not sure how you manage all that. Good to hear though. Any pollen indicators of what they are
Bit further down past bitterley, bitterley side of the Bridgnorth road. About 0.6 miles from the village
So only a couple of miles away as far as the bee flys from angel bank.

I’ve managed thrice what I’ve got at the moment, now I’m just building my own up which I should of done back in 2020. Pollen indicators, entrance watching and watching bees foraging on the source out in the field/ even taste certain flowers for nectar content
I think finman said that to me once.
A lot of flowers are edible I eat clover
Weirdly or not 🤷‍♂️ 😂😂

Latest posts

Back