What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never seen so much hawthorn flowering as this year. Drove out round the local lanes yesterday and the roads were lined with mile upon mile of frothy white and pale pink flowers. Beautiful.
I agree, I've never seen a show like it! I did notice petals lying below some trees so it looks like this display is going to be short lived.

I’ve never seen so much hawthorn flowering as this year. Drove out round the local lanes yesterday and the roads were lined with mile upon mile of frothy white and pale pink flowers. Beautiful.
And doesn't it just smell wonderful in the hives. Wait til you open a jar of the stuff in the winter

The pale pink ones are usually the ones starting to go over. All the earlier flowering ones in my area are now looking decidedly pink, turning to brown

Hawthorn and holly fading very rapidly here,but the bees have done very well from it. Lots of buds and a few open flowers on the blackberry so shouldn't be too much of a gap.

Hawthorn going over, some bees on buttercups (buttercup type plants at least, not sure of the subspecies) and bramble opening up so hopefully no significant June gap. Although it looks like fewer bramble buds than last year. Raspberries flowering too.

Half wondering if it's going to be a mast year in response to the heat stress then mild Autumn last year. Hopefully it won't be too dry for the heather but I've a feeling it could be.

Attachments

• 20230528_233915.jpg
    20230528_233915.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230529_105352.jpg
    20230529_105352.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230529_105346.jpg
    20230529_105346.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230528_233926.jpg
    20230528_233926.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Have noticed not so much of a pong of nectar in the garden the last week or so with the Horse Chestnut finishing. Not much Hawthorn or bramble in the London suburbs here. Still plenty enough to keep them going until the lime comes out in a couple of weeks.

Cabbage palms round here have all thrown out masses of flower spikes. There’s one nearby that has started early, you can smell the vanilla scent wafting across the gardens already. The bees go mad for it.

Cabbage palms round here have all thrown out masses of flower spikes. There’s one nearby that has started early, you can smell the vanilla scent wafting across the gardens already. The bees go mad for it.
Is that the cordyline australis?

Lime trees in bud, saw a few flowers on a bramble while ourt walking

Bramble flowering well here. Also the buds on lime are starting to open.

Attachments

• 20230603_211322.jpg
    20230603_211322.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230603_211314.jpg
    20230603_211314.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back