What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are bees all over our sycamores at the moment, though it looks mainly to be bumble bees. Too cold and damp here today for honey bees to want to venture out.

James

There are bees all over our sycamores at the moment, though it looks mainly to be bumble bees. Too cold and damp here today for honey bees to want to venture out.

James
Ours are not quite in bloom yet still very green

Hawthorn still in places. Horse chestnut. Oak too.

Elderflower opening, lime and sweet chestnut preparing in places in Farnborough. Buds on the brambles. Meadow and wasteland flowers starting. Half wonder if it will be a July gap!

In the garden, medlar and strawberries.

I'm getting away with No Mow May too!!!

Can anybody identify this leguminous plant sown into arable stubbles? It's quite different from the red clovers growing wild or sown here. Appears to be part of conservation planting scheme. Is it a prolific nectar-producer?

Attachments

• IMG_20220518_130112.jpg
    IMG_20220518_130112.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
Hawthorn mostly gone over. I saw bees on a Rowan today for the first time. Sycamore very much the favourite at the moment.

Our raspberries are just starting to flower and a "domesticated" blackberry looks like it's not far behind, but the brambles are keeping their powder dry for the time being.

James

Nectar and pollen still coming in from field containing Phacelia, Very characteristic blusih pollen
Wow that's amazing, I've planted phacelia, just waiting for it to bloom

Nectar and pollen still coming in from field containing Phacelia, Very characteristic blusih pollen
Yes I've got phacelia in several of my colonies dotted around the area. The local farmers must all be getting money back on planting areas of "Bee mix"

Back