What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lothian - OSR near one Apiary is in full bloom but at the other (2-3 miles away) is barely out.

Sycamore and horse chestnut in bloom in Farnborough. Hawthorn getting ready, almost bang on time.
Yes... pretty much the same down here - My lilac trees came into bloom yesterday - my bees are taking an interest in the flowers - never seen any interest in them in the past (except that it's the tree where swarms usually land) and yes my dowsing rods tell me it's on an intersection of energy lines !

Last edited:
would be my pleasure to meet you and anyone if knew was in Athena or and guide you around ,to the center , to the sea or mountain whatever you wish, or and visit the apiary i have

anyway glad ya had a good time
Thankyou! Had a wonderful time, so much history and interesting to experience your Easter with all the processions and feasting afterwards. Need to get back into a bee suit to lose a few calories!

Yes... pretty much the same down here - My lilac trees came into bloom yesterday - my bees are taking an interest in the flowers - never seen any interest in them in the past (except that it's the tree where swarms usually land) and yes my dowsing rods tell me it's on an intersection of energy lines !
I am a mile or so from the ley line from Glastonbury to st Michael's mount. Just off the Burrows Mump. Do you have to be ON a line for it to have any influence? Just wondered😁

I am a mile or so from the ley line from Glastonbury to st Michael's mount. Just off the Burrows Mump. Do you have to be ON a line for it to have any influence? Just wondered😁
These energy lines are everywhere there are at least five running at various angles through my garden. Be careful though - the Ley lines that were noted in the early 20th century by joining places and points of historic interest are not the same as those 'energy lines' some of us find by dowsing.

All you need to check is a couple of wire coat hangers bent into a right angle and insert the short end of the rods into a couple of Bic Biro outer tubes so they swing freely and off you go ... you may be surprised at what you find in your garden.

These energy lines are everywhere there are at least five running at various angles through my garden. Be careful though - the Ley lines that were noted in the early 20th century by joining places and points of historic interest are not the same as those 'energy lines' some of us find by dowsing.

All you need to check is a couple of wire coat hangers bent into a right angle and insert the short end of the rods into a couple of Bic Biro outer tubes so they swing freely and off you go ... you may be surprised at what you find in your garden.
Do ley lines sometimes follow water courses? My hives sit across an underground rife (Sussex word for stream/ditch) that I only discovered when trying to put a post in to support wind netting.

Do ley lines sometimes follow water courses? My hives sit across an underground rife (Sussex word for stream/ditch) that I only discovered when trying to put a post in to support wind netting.
Possibly, dowsers can find underground water courses but there are energy lines everywhere .. my garden sits on solid Fareham clay with flints ... Palaeogene clays and sands .... and it's a very deep layer there may be underground water courses in the chalk bedrock but it's a long way down.

Well if others are going to keep claiming that "ley lines" or "energy lines" exist and that dowsing works, I'm just going to have to keep pointing out that there's no scientific evidence to support those assertions.

James

Do we know what dark matter is?

Irrelevant whataboutery.

"Dark matter" is just a convenient label for the cause of a set of observations that cannot currently be explained but have scientifically been demonstrated to occur.

There's no scientific evidence that ley lines, energy lines nor dowsing are actually real at all. They're more like the canals that Percy Lowell observed on Mars that were in reality most likely to have been a physiological effect. However, there are scientific demonstrations as to why some people believe dowsing exists, for example, and how the processes involved work.

James

Last edited:
There's at least one thread running at the moment suggesting that it's a positive aspect of this forum that incorrect ideas are challenged, is there not?

James
Of course. Similarly there are folk in the world who do stuff happily without having to prove anything to anybody
It’s taken me 71 years and serious illness to achieve my personal nirvana so I’ll leave you lot to it.

Dandelion seems to be going on forever this year,it's been out for 3 weeks already and still going strong.

Nothing much seems to be visiting the dandelions here. I've hardly seen any with seed heads so far. I wonder if the bees are finding other sources they prefer.

James

Back