What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ivy open on Billet Road, Walthamstow, North London.
Saw it in slow-moving traffic, parked up and found it covered in bees, wasps and a plenty of Volucella zonaria. Traffic warmth undoubtedly advanced flowering, as it's not out elsewhere.

And I said in a previous thread
So that’s three of us
Does that constitute a quorum?

I know that but i am trying to find out how different folk down load videos..i have tried youtube and something cloud on my mobile but i can not get my head around it..i am picking folks brains to find the easiest up load program..

flowering now are the Japanese plums, pussy willows, wattle, blue gums, tree lucerne and the early apricots. The snow on kunanyi from the cold snap reminds me not to super too early despite the blossoms and the bees getting out and about...

Attachments

• IMG_20190823_131500908.jpg
    IMG_20190823_131500908.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
flowering now are the Japanese plums, pussy willows, wattle, blue gums, tree lucerne and the early apricots. The snow on kunanyi from the cold snap encourages me not to super too early despite the blossoms and the bees getting out and about...

That's the mistake I make every year!

Patience is certainly a virtue when it comes to placing the supers on overwintered hives.

-I might have already made a mistake or two with that this year already...but I won't admit to it.

There is a flow on the Heather. Hope it was my bees!

Ivy is out here but you can't get much further south than where we are!

Hammering the heather in this heat wave.
Not sure how long the heather will last, but currently still looking good.

Beefriendly;eardrum here686597 said:
Hammering the heather in this heat wave.
Not sure how long the heather will last, but currently still looking good.

Hammering the sedum here
Should get a teaspoon full or two into the supers

Attachments

• 556048FF-79BC-4093-B309-6FF0F743E594.jpeg
    556048FF-79BC-4093-B309-6FF0F743E594.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 34
Mine have started bringing in bright orange pollen again as they did this time last year.. I still am not sure where it comes from and last year, whatever it was didn't produce much nectar but every bee has pollen sacks full!
E

Hammering the sedum here
Should get a teaspoon full or two into the supers

ours are as well, about 2 or 3 bees on each large head, but they like the darker ones, the light pink they barely touch!!

Mine have started bringing in bright orange pollen again as they did this time last year.. I still am not sure where it comes from and last year, whatever it was didn't produce much nectar but every bee has pollen sacks full!
E
Ours have some bright orange pollen, and some yellow as well as HB, no idea where they are getting it from but they are as busy as they have been all summer? and a have filled another super over the last 2 weeks.

Lots of beautiful orange coloured pollen going into the hives as well, the other colour is a light olive green.

Orange could be marigolds?

Latest posts

Back