What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check my orange pollen out and disappointingly it turned out to be dandelion. I seem to remember someone on the forum talking about a second flowering one year.

I've seen a few dandelions out actually, so could be.

I check my orange pollen out and disappointingly it turned out to be dandelion. I seem to remember someone on the forum talking about a second flowering one year.

The dandelions around Sheffield always have a second flowering but its never as strong as in the spring.

I have these tree/bushes in flower not far from me. They're covered in bees. Someone on here says they are Japanese Privet. There are 6 in total and I've left the supers on to catch the nectar.

Yes that's privet
Bitter honey? Don't know. I was told that

Yellow dandelions this time of year are Hawkbit

Yes that's privet

I'm lead to believe that normal garden privet produces bitter honey but I've never had enough to notice. The photo isn't of normal privet everyone has in their garden as hedging. It's more a tree with larger waxy leaves and I'm told is part of the privet family but not sure.

We also have Hawkbit out as you suggest, but the Dandelions are defiantly on a second flowering as always. Not being funny Erica, just trying to be clear.

Yes that's privet

That's what I thought. My 'lawn' is full of them, but not seen a honey bee on them so far. I shall nab one when/if to examine the pollen.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...XJbVAKHTwnCiUQxA0wInoECA0QBQ&biw=1010&bih=613

Tansy... Yarrow and wild Carrot all covered in bees.. honey and other sorts!

Budlea is still just in flower, Rose Bay is going over, Sloes and blackberrys fattening up and the hawthorn is red and loaded with berries... as is the Mountain Ash...

Radio Cornwall listeners are predicting a harsh winter... I believe the bounty is due to a good summer...

Can animals and plants predict the future weather... our Met. Office forecasters only appear be able to see as far ahead as the next couple of hours!!!

Chons da

Excitement at the apiary as the Black Peppermint trees are flowering . Interval between flowering is 8 to 15 years.

Attachments

• IMG_20190908_084812766.jpg
    IMG_20190908_084812766.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 33
Now that would be a rare honey!!!!!
E

...beekeeping has many uncertainties and to add to them my book says the honey yield for Black Peppermint is between 0 and 35kg per hive....

Bit like lime then! Fingers crossed for you......send us a jar!
E

Going back to the OP - the Ivy flow is on! The scent of the nectar is nauseating though.

Going back to the OP - the Ivy flow is on! The scent of the nectar is nauseating though.

That be me then :serenade:
I've only one apiary with lots of ivy and it's only just started to open if the weather stays settled Im hoping for a flow in the next week .

When you 'left' earlier in the year did you delete your account, then create a new one when you returned? Your account name seems to be slightly different - ' before the s.

Left be the operative word ... Yes I deleted my account and came back as cgf's spelt correctly .

Now I'm keeping my self so busy I have no time to think about things.

My lot found something in bloom yesterday.. Every other Bee was coming back with packed thighs. Is this Ivy? Looks a bit light in colour.

Yellow Pollen

Latest posts

Back