What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bell heather flowering on the heath....

I was supering today in West Surrey and could smell it as the roofs came off. Was very excited, given that it's the first heather I've tasted that I haven't bought.
PS: Nigel: Graham send his regards; he remembered your search for nightjars.

Nice one Eric looks like a plan came together there.... give my regards to Graham....
I do miss fishing Forked pond...had many happy years there.
Treat yourself to night after the nightjars...just wave a white hanky around they will come to you...

Giant hogweed. And the 10ha of borage in a neighbouring village. Someone has moved 20 hives into the centre of the block, but I have two stationed on the edge of that area permanently, so I hope to reap some of the benefit.

You can get to it via Rodborough common....do you know the lake?

Cootamundra wattle in front of Blue Gum, both flowering now.

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_140108031.jpg
    IMG_20190704_140108031.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
I knew the tale well. Still holds the Record for Haslemere Angling soc biggest Pike.

Looks like we might be having a good one. Lots of moisture in the ground. Season is two weeks late so bees are well built up. Most colonies have 4-5 supers...2-3 heavy already.

White clover and Vetch. Sumac. Lime just getting ready to open...our Little Leaf Linden...T chordata...is usually third-fourth week of June. American Basswood T americana...a couple weeks later. Nothing yet. Weather forecasts look excellent. Every plant is lush and full from all the rain we had this spring. Now temperatures are 80s to 90s. Honey weather! Ka-Ching.

Spring is underway. The almond, as usual, is the first of the deciduous trees blossoming.

Attachments

• IMG_20190707_131211309.jpg
    IMG_20190707_131211309.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 24
Beautiful snowdrops braving the frosts and dry....

Attachments

• IMG_20190727_084923553.jpg
    IMG_20190727_084923553.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Back