What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limes just coming out Down my way but it’s to cold .......,arrrggghhh

Brambles starting to seriously flower, will we get a flow with this type or weather (warm but overcast)? Or do we need some proper sun?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

No warmth should do it but not sure we will get much before the next band of rain

Hi dozzer am sure 20c maybe good enough for some nectar but it’s warm sticky nights that really get lime going. Not sure we are due any, it was the same last year the 1 crap week we had down here was nicely timed with the main flowering.

Hi dozzer am sure 20c maybe good enough for some nectar but it’s warm sticky nights that really get lime going. Not sure we are due any, it was the same last year the 1 crap week we had down here was nicely timed with the main flowering.

More rain over the next few days and bramble coming out good and proper.

A while ago I spotted what at first sight appeared to be OSR in the distance across a hillside. On further investigation, what I actually saw was just a very big (acre or so) area of Turnip weed , Bast***d cabbage (Rapistrum rugosum). A common weed in agricultural crops, disturbed sites, waste areas, roadsides, and pastures.

Last edited:
Just wondering what colour clover pollen is ?

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk

Cheers there's been lots of black, blue, and grey/white pollen going into hives yesterday.

I've never seen the girls working the elderberry before interesting..

Very few touch the elderberry. BlackBerry still quite tight hear. Lime in the cusp and could be a humid week!!!!!!!!!
E

Lime is out here
picture.php

The girls are visiting the cow-parsley.
picture.php

and while we were out went to see the wild colony in the church, they have been there 30 years that my good lady knows of.
picture.php

On a flow here. Grey pollen brambles, brown clover and yellow could be lime on the main so I am assuming the nectar is derived from these species too. Some orange and white too. Need to get my microscope out!

Lime is out here
picture.php

The girls are visiting the cow-parsley.
picture.php

and while we were out went to see the wild colony in the church, they have been there 30 years that my good lady knows of.
picture.php

Lovely photos thedozzer .
Blackberry flow is well untruly under way here on the south Shropshire hills .
My United colony's are very busy ... Fingers crossed they fill the brood boxes I'm using as honey supers .

Latest posts

Back