What is this for

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Was given 3 of these with some kit from a old beekeeper and dont know what they are thought they might be something to do with queen rearing

So over to you

View attachment 9154

Menu holder?

Is it hive frame size?

Was given 3 of these with some kit from a old beekeeper and dont know what they are thought they might be something to do with queen rearing

So over to you

View attachment 9154

Large set of pan pipes ?

Seriously, no idea ... some measurements might help and some other photos ?

For pressing honey out?

They probably fit into something.

fondant feeder?but im having a stab in the dark

Looks possibly like the parts of a heather honey press without the press itself.

I recognise this: Definitely from a wooden heather press (the sort where the comb is pressed horizontally). Each comb is cut out of the frame, wrapped in hessian and placed between two of these structures and there would be several of them used at the same time in the press.The honey would be forced through the mesh and then run down the channels. Not as efficient as the "heavy metal" MG press which presses the combs vertically
see
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bee-keeping-equipment-Heather-honey-press-extractor-/221279433887

Some kind of wasp defence

I wondered if it was some sort of entrance guard for wasps or mice. Nice long tunnel for the bees to go in and right to the back of the hive, maybe for WBC. The sort of shoulders had me thinking it was some sort of dummy board/frame but not wide enough?
The tunnels do seem like they are designed for bees to crawl through.
Ah.......too late
Thanks MBC just goes to show I know bugger all, mind you we don't get a lot of heather here in the swamps.

Not as efficient as the "heavy metal" MG press which presses the combs vertically

We have an old MG (mountain grey) heather honey press, don't see many of them around these days.

Back