What "inspired" your username?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're getting confused again. Velocettes weren't made in Plumstead. Norton EL400s, were.

:calmdown: Vellocette... My Venom was the only motorcycle I ever owned where the clutch could drag and slip at the same time!

Loved my Matchless G80CS 500cc single..... one of the bikes I wish I had never sold, or the Plla.....

Yeghes da

Worst bike I've ever rode was a Norton Dominator. After the Vespa PX125 that is! Father in law has two BSA J12, one with sidecar mounts. Proper rare.

Because I used to ride a Harley. Now I ride a Triumph and a Kawasaki, but I can't be bothered to change it. However, on motorcycle forums I am always known as Beelady.

I'm a biker and the general motto is 'keep your chicken strips small and the shiny side up'. The chicken strips are the bits on the side of a motorcycle tyre that don't get worn by cornering, the smaller they are the further over you lean -- that is of course, until the 'shiny side' is not 'up' any more i.e. you crashed!

Worst bike I've ever rode was a Norton Dominator. After the Vespa PX125 that is! Father in law has two BSA J12, one with sidecar mounts. Proper rare.

Great frame (The Featherbed from Dommi 88 onwards not the earlier, pre-war continued into 1950's, antiquated thing), it had a lousy engine that leaked oil no matter what and the brakes were dire ..

With a Triumph T110 engine slung in, the roadholder front forks uprated, clip ons, rearset footrests, 8" brakes and with the later swinging arm rear suspension, it was a bike to die for. I had such a Triton for a while ... lovely bike, wish I had it now ... I sold it to buy a cafe racer with an ex-Hailwood frame and an ex works T120R motor ... lethal.

My Triton was a backyard build but a good one, in 1966/7 you could pick up a clapped out ES2 Featherbed for about £40 .. a T110 engine about £30 (so many of the T110's were crashed ~ powerful, smooth & reliable engine but it went round corners like a hospital trolley) and scrapped - then it was a lot of fiddling and filing to put the two together. Done properly there weren't many affordable bikes that came close.

What I always coveted was a Dresda Triton .. way out of my league in price but a richer (and slightly older) friend had one which I rode a couple of times... Dream machine ... like this one:

http://www.collectiblescoach.com/2014/03/dresda-triton.html

Great frame (The Featherbed from Dommi 88 onwards not the earlier, pre-war continued into 1950's, antiquated thing), it had a lousy engine that leaked oil no matter what and the brakes were dire ..

With a Triumph T110 engine slung in, the roadholder front forks uprated, clip ons, rearset footrests, 8" brakes and with the later swinging arm rear suspension, it was a bike to die for. I had such a Triton for a while ... lovely bike, wish I had it now ... I sold it to buy a cafe racer with an ex-Hailwood frame and an ex works T120R motor ... lethal.

My Triton was a backyard build but a good one, in 1966/7 you could pick up a clapped out ES2 Featherbed for about £40 .. a T110 engine about £30 (so many of the T110's were crashed ~ powerful, smooth & reliable engine but it went round corners like a hospital trolley) and scrapped - then it was a lot of fiddling and filing to put the two together. Done properly there weren't many affordable bikes that came close.

What I always coveted was a Dresda Triton .. way out of my league in price but a richer (and slightly older) friend had one which I rode a couple of times... Dream machine ... like this one:

http://www.collectiblescoach.com/2014/03/dresda-triton.html

I built a Triton out of a Slimline featherbed frame and a 500 cc triumph engine.:) I loved that bike but marriage led me to swap to a minivan.

Bikes, bees, one way or another they both bite you in the ass eventually.

... an' have the wind whistlin' past yer ears.

Bill
----- beginner BSA 650 "Spitty".
----- graduated to Kwaka 900x4.
----- died on the Kwaka kx450.

And both bees and bikes only come out when the sun shines!!!!

Only if your an SAS biker (Saturdays and Sundays) my VFR has 72k on it and only gets put away in the snow :)

My user name is my nick name (Dozer as in Bulldozer) from my hanggliding friends that stated in a competition in South Africa as i am quite well built, but as Im very dyslexic it got spelt wrong :)

An' ar5eholes... getting their Vitamin D hit.
Otherwise their time is spent bugging b'kps on bikes... moreso those
with a QR fitted as a pot exhaust guard. Heh

Bill

its all about the bikes

citrus

basically had a yellow cbr 600 , then a yellow drz , then an orange ktm 300 and a kawasaki ninja

so started off relevant to bikes

but now I have the hives to go with the colour scheme

Attachments

• double_insulation_20190330_133629.jpg
    double_insulation_20190330_133629.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back