What did your temp hit today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
32C in my sun-trap apiary, 28 elsewhere. Too hot for bike rides and dog-walking. Tried to do some gardening but it's just too sticky - went and had a cold shower!

One useful thing: I left the Apilife Var treatment quite late on one colony, so it will benefit from a couple of extra weeks of warm weather.

Went to heft the hives today and they're almost full. Nice - given the price of sugar, the hot autumn seems to be turning into a money-saver.

29 here again and to my pleasant surprise the bees are ignoring syrup and hoiking in HB again.

PH

My lot are also going Napoleon on the HB :)
One colony, is bucketing pollen in , all colours ,huge pellets !
Why this one ,god only knows ? all available cells are packed with stores .
Feeding? not this year !:)
VM

My lot are also going Napoleon on the HB :)
One colony, is bucketing pollen in , all colours ,huge pellets !
Why this one ,god only knows ? all available cells are packed with stores .
Feeding? not this year !:)
VM

32 in bedfordshire in the sun at 3pm. By 5 PM every barbie in the hood was in full swing, im jst washing the last of mine down with a nice cool beer :D

30c in mid kent and 60c in my solar wax collector, managed to tidy up some damaged frames nicley.

Official temperature today in Warwickshire was 64 degrees centigrade ... in my beesuit :drool5:

29c on the allotment, 31c outide the house and about 59.9 in the Bee Suit at 12 noon..............................Talk about sweating THEN, when I took the suit of, I got chased all over the place by ONE wasp that seemed to fancy a drink of salt water!!!!!! Little iok!

30c today. Left taking off my super very late but it was full. Lots of brood in th BB and stores. Now to extract the honey without an extractor.

Latest posts

Back