What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's quite a workshop, SWMBO would have kittens if I tried to get that in the garden! 😀

Made a couple of roofs and a couple of floors yesterday and a new nuc today...... bloody winter, can't wait to get back to getting the odd sting or two.
Fortunately I have the full support of SWMBO as part of the shed is for her. I can't wait till it's finished and get the use of it. Looking forward to making some hives and nucs and such.

Loving that workshop.
Yes ... definitely shed envy here ... my workshop is lovely .. 20' x 20', double glazed, double doors, former concrete prefab garage that has been fully insulated and the original roof replaced with a timber and roofing felt job, big picture window at the front ... wood burner.

Unfortunately, it was taken over and fully occupied by my son and his engineering machines and 3D printers ... I get one small corner to store my honey ... how did that happen ? I struggle squashing everything into my garage ...

Be warned ... shed sharing has its risks ... grab your space as soon as it's up or ....

Yes ... definitely shed envy here ... my workshop is lovely .. 20' x 20', double glazed, double doors, former concrete prefab garage that has been fully insulated and the original roof replaced with a timber and roofing felt job, big picture window at the front ... wood burner.

Unfortunately, it was taken over and fully occupied by my son and his engineering machines and 3D printers ... I get one small corner to store my honey ... how did that happen ? I struggle squashing everything into my garage ...

Be warned ... shed sharing has its risks ... grab your space as soon as it's up or ....
Wow, 20 x 20 is a goodly space, this is 12x30 but only 12x20 will be insulated. Thankfully the offspring are all grown up and housed elsewhere so we get to keep this new toy for ourselves.

I was going to say the same about shed sharing. The wife and I share the garden shed - wife's gardening tools one side my mechanical tools the other and it's always a bit of a battle as we both tend to spread!!
My 12x12 "bee shed " is all my own 😂

My double garage and attached workshop are so cramped with gear I have built this winter I can hardly move. Once the spring is here I can see me putting all the bait boxes out, hives out etc and start building again. But till then I have ground to a halt.

Spent the day constructing heavy duty hive stands (my own design) and coating them in creocote - I should've taken a photo to share. Also roofs and re-filling cleaned frames with foundation.
It was a bit chilly out for sure today - lovely and fresh though.

KR
S

302 Manley side bar made today
And started on crown boards with top entrance in plus trying to keep warm

Finished two six frame supers from pallet wood. - for 6 frame Q Rearing nucs.
(a labour of love).

Latest posts

Back