Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Barfonne 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
That's quite a workshop, SWMBO would have kittens if I tried to get that in the garden! 😀

Made a couple of roofs and a couple of floors yesterday and a new nuc today...... bloody winter, can't wait to get back to getting the odd sting or two.
Fortunately I have the full support of SWMBO as part of the shed is for her. I can't wait till it's finished and get the use of it. Looking forward to making some hives and nucs and such.

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Loving that workshop.
Yes ... definitely shed envy here ... my workshop is lovely .. 20' x 20', double glazed, double doors, former concrete prefab garage that has been fully insulated and the original roof replaced with a timber and roofing felt job, big picture window at the front ... wood burner.

Unfortunately, it was taken over and fully occupied by my son and his engineering machines and 3D printers ... I get one small corner to store my honey ... how did that happen ? I struggle squashing everything into my garage ...

Be warned ... shed sharing has its risks ... grab your space as soon as it's up or ....

Barfonne 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Yes ... definitely shed envy here ... my workshop is lovely .. 20' x 20', double glazed, double doors, former concrete prefab garage that has been fully insulated and the original roof replaced with a timber and roofing felt job, big picture window at the front ... wood burner.

Unfortunately, it was taken over and fully occupied by my son and his engineering machines and 3D printers ... I get one small corner to store my honey ... how did that happen ? I struggle squashing everything into my garage ...

Be warned ... shed sharing has its risks ... grab your space as soon as it's up or ....
Wow, 20 x 20 is a goodly space, this is 12x30 but only 12x20 will be insulated. Thankfully the offspring are all grown up and housed elsewhere so we get to keep this new toy for ourselves.

Newbeeneil 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
40 plus 19 that I maintain for clients.

I was going to say the same about shed sharing. The wife and I share the garden shed - wife's gardening tools one side my mechanical tools the other and it's always a bit of a battle as we both tend to spread!!
My 12x12 "bee shed " is all my own 😂

HughMann 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
My double garage and attached workshop are so cramped with gear I have built this winter I can hardly move. Once the spring is here I can see me putting all the bait boxes out, hives out etc and start building again. But till then I have ground to a halt.

Swarm 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
more than 20, less than 100.
A hundred brood frames prepped ready for wax, another hundred to do tomorrow. I quite enjoyed the therapy.

Somerford 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
national
Spent the day constructing heavy duty hive stands (my own design) and coating them in creocote - I should've taken a photo to share. Also roofs and re-filling cleaned frames with foundation.
It was a bit chilly out for sure today - lovely and fresh though.

KR
S

Swinton apiaries 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
302 Manley side bar made today
And started on crown boards with top entrance in plus trying to keep warm

madasafish 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
8x Langstroth, a few Lang nucs,1x TBH, and about 17 mating mini nucs
Finished two six frame supers from pallet wood. - for 6 frame Q Rearing nucs.
(a labour of love).

Latest posts