What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built a honey warming cabinet ( there's optimism for you) from existing stores and a 60W tube heater which came out of a campervan some years ago.
Won't win any prizes but will do the job.
K ;)

Finished a set of 14 'split boards' today which I'll use for vertical splits à la Ken and Dan Basterfield.

I wasn't looking forward to cutting the holes with a drill and small saw. After a bit of procrastinating, the solution of buying a 75mm hole saw dawned on me. The rims (all 112 of them) were made from the pallet my last delivery of honey jars came on.

Attachments

• Split boards.jpg
    Split boards.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
Finished a set of 14 'split boards' today which I'll use for vertical splits à la Ken and Dan Basterfield.

I wasn't looking forward to cutting the holes with a drill and small saw. After a bit of procrastinating, the solution of buying a 75mm hole saw dawned on me. The rims (all 112 of them) were made from the pallet my last delivery of honey jars came on.
Very nifty.

Several years ago (5?6) I posted I removed half a finger with a table saw (and lost most of the feeling in my thumb) Fortunately I am right handed.
Edit: makes no difference to my beekeeping..or yoga.
Great for standing at the bar and looking like you are doing really deep nose picking! 😁

Spent the afternoon in the workshop due to the grotty weather. Made up a insulated roof then machined up the wood for another 8 roofs ready for the delivery of the tin later this week.
IMG_2699.jpegIMG_2700.jpeg

Spent the afternoon in the workshop due to the grotty weather. Made up a insulated roof then machined up the wood for another 8 roofs ready for the delivery of the tin later this week.
View attachment 39053View attachment 39054
I like looking behind the scenes in workshop pictures. The ice cube tray, the plans stuffed behind a steel rule, frames with foundation under the bench, the fondant……👍

With all day rain I stripped the last of the wax out of old frames. Wax bits into an old pillowcase that goes into a bucket of rainwater for a good wash. Drip dry on the washing line starts tomorrow. Frames to be scorched and refurbished where needed. Foundation bought in a sale sitting in the fridge ready for use later in the year. The smell of wax always seems to cheer me - even on a soggy day.

Knocked up another 7 roofs ready for the tin lids when they arrive.
I think I pop over to the housing site to see if I can cadge a sheet of PIR to insulate them,in the morning, in exchange for a jar of honey. 😁

Latest posts

Back