What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep getting spasms, dropping stuff and breaking the kitchen tat that SWMBO buys
Sell the Westley and buy her a set of totally unbreakable kitchen tat ! (Some Westleys are the price of a small car these days - you should have some change !).

Today, a wood pigeon decided that it would see off the competition it saw reflected in the glass in the side door to my garage .. clearly did itself some terminal damage to leg, wing and the side of its head. I was going to stretch it's neck and was told it would be more humane to shoot it. I put it in a box and went to get the Weihrauch out to despatch it - couldn't find the pellets (which always live on our back bedroom window cill ready for any rats that discover the bird table - 'er indoors had put them somewhere safe in case the 'grandchildren found them'). As the gun is locked away I'm not sure what danger she though they might be .. exploding air gun pellets ?. Anyway, they could not be located in whatever 'safe place' they have been stored, so I then got it in the neck for killing the pigeon as I normally would have done anyway ! She declined the prospect of a couple of fat woodpigeon breasts ...and the garden fox has got an unexpected cheap meal ...

Our woodpidgeon flock is now one less to eat my grass seed, raspberries, loganberries and anything else they take a fancy to ... I'm thinking of installing a mirror somewhere to see if I can encourage a few more to commit suicide !

Sell the Westley and buy her a set of totally unbreakable kitchen tat ! (Some Westleys are the price of a small car these days
it's been rebarelled, but it's one of the first Anson and Deeley boxlocks ever made so it will be in the auctions before much longer. Together with some other classics.

Latest posts

Back