What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats going to be potentially a lot of work, especially if the weather warms up down there. Still cold, wet and windy here but its looking better this coming week with highs of 10 degrees:D

Thats going to be potentially a lot of work, especially if the weather warms up down there. Still cold, wet and windy here but its looking better this coming week with highs of 10 degrees:D
Yes lots of work there are 40/50 colony’s close to the osr but the strongest queen right are being selected and the rest will be moved.

Winter checks around the apiaries. The rate of fondant consumption is steadily increasing and all hives now bringing in a little pollen. Blackthorn buds looking as if they will bloom shortly and the odd Dandelion in evidence. Need to have a look to see how the OSR is progressing. It's all about to kick off in the next few weeks...

Winter checks around the apiaries. The rate of fondant consumption is steadily increasing and all hives now bringing in a little pollen. Blackthorn buds looking as if they will bloom shortly and the odd Dandelion in evidence. Need to have a look to see how the OSR is progressing. It's all about to kick off in the next few weeks...
You can say that again😅

Took the Brush cutter to my main apiary today to clear the sapling goat willows and brambles from in front of the hives. That will make it easier to strim in the summer.

Took the Brush cutter to my main apiary today to clear the sapling goat willows and brambles from in front of the hives. That will make it easier to strim in the summer.
now that is a good idea.....did mine mid winter and only caught one strap underneath that was nearly v messy

Not really in the apiary, but being active for most of my life and being told to slow down which is not an option. My wife talked me into a Thai massage for beekeepers back. I went straight into the hard massage and I certainly feel revitalised and raring to go for the upcoming season.

Really gutted and upsetting to find one of my mini nucs which I’ve nursed through the winter, they have starved and I’ve been checking them every week.
I felt very attached to that mini nuc and I could cry really. 😢🙁

Looks like we drew the short straw today, rain coming down sideways. :(
More rain Steve 🙁 the rest of the week doesn’t look good either, I’m glad I’m now in the barn as the rain has just got worse, I don’t think I’ve seen the fields this bad.

Latest posts

Back