What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite 'everywhere'. True if disturbed or nosemic, maybe, but they would normally avoid the immediate area around the colony. Bees are not stupid.

Drove 100K to new Apiary where I have 1 hive located , great plans for here to increase numbers.

Weather generally better here than Dublin and slightly milder as only 1K to beach, great local forage and fantastic site for an Apiary, private and well sheltered.

This Apiary as another location to supplement my local colonies. Vaped this hive and hefted. Heavy with stores .

Went strictly by the Varrox instructions using 1 Spoon equating to 1 gram on single National brood. Less than I used on all my other colonies but we will see how it responds.

drove 100k to new apiary where i have 1 hive located , great plans for here to increase numbers.

Weather generally better here than dublin and slightly milder as only 1k to beach, great local forage and fantastic site for an apiary, private and well sheltered.

This apiary as another location to supplement my local colonies. Vaped this hive and hefted. Heavy with stores .

Went strictly by the varrox instructions using 1 spoon equating to 1 gram on single national brood. Less than i used on all my other colonies but we will see how it responds.

100k???????? Sorry to question, but that's a hell of a long way.

100k???????? Sorry to question, but that's a hell of a long way.

62 1/2 miles... perhaps there and back?

Once "Lost" at sea outside Baltimore...Had been diving on a wreck and nav system went awal.... asked a crab fisherman if he could give us some directions back to port... he looked bemused and said... "well I wouldn't start from here"!

Appols Brian O!

Yeghes da

Once "Lost" at sea outside Baltimore...Had been diving on a wreck and nav system went awal.... asked a crab fisherman if he could give us some directions back to port... he looked bemused and said... "well I wouldn't start from here"!

Appols !

Yeghes da

:laughing-smiley-004

They're popping out to dump their guts

Only one colony out of 8 with bees flying. As I said 'flying purposefully'. All went off in same direction and returned from same direction at rate of about 100 per minute, stopped observing after 40 minutes as I was getting too cold. Not a toilet break!

Appols Brian O!

Yeghes da

No worries... He was right :)

100k each way... Radio on, good tunes, stop for a good cappuccino and scone ... Happy Days !!
Me time and Bee Time .. Couldn't get better ! :)

Only one colony out of 8 with bees flying. As I said 'flying purposefully'. All went off in same direction and returned from same direction at rate of about 100 per minute, stopped observing after 40 minutes as I was getting too cold. Not a toilet break!
Probably bringing in water.

all flying to day with orientation flights

Didn't notice any particularly active hives in the apiary. However as I was mounting my horse to go out for a ride a bee landed on the saddle. Luckily I noticed her or either she would have been flattened or I would have had an unpleasant surprise :ohthedrama:

Bees flying from both my hives today. 9 degrees today and supposed to reach 13 by Sunday.

All my hives very active today.
Even the weaker colony which I was concerned about, they seem stronger and more active now with the recent addition of a 50mm Celotex jacket.

Checked all my hives ...hefted and checked to see if fondant was gone. Still fondant on all. Saw bees in 5 hives but not in the other 3. Perhaps they are in the bottom boxes still. Some bees flying in the afternoon. Then it was off to Pembrooke to pick up my horse from the vets....what beautiful countryside in the sunshine after the heavy rain last night. Lots of flooded fields and rivers and streams burst their banks onto the meads.

Up to Apiary in lovely sunshine and 11 degrees . Put fondant on 3 of 4 Nucs that were light.

All colonies active some barely so whilst others busy.

On one hive watched couple returning with pollen !

Not in the apiary, but saw celandines, daffodils, snowdrops and some cherry plum blossom this afternoon. Not all in the same place!

Couple days -10C over night, day temp around zero.. So didn't go near.. But again lectures, today about AFB.. Hope will learn new things and findings..
I behave illogical, I say I am disappointed in beekeeping and yet going for knowledge.. I must be " loco" :eek:

Couple days -10C over night, day temp around zero.. So didn't go near.. But again lectures, today about AFB.. Hope will learn new things and findings..
I behave illogical, I say I am disappointed in beekeeping and yet going for knowledge.. I must be " loco" :eek:

Knowledge is profit Goran....

Perhaps you could sell it... beekeeping courses?

Yeghes da

Back