What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another market today, this one was moved indoors due to the weather so was lovely and toasty! Also bumped into a fellow forumite- it was great to put a face to the name and chat about bees.

Very different clientèle today, 2 cash transactions and 23 card. Honey still the main seller but beeswax wrap making kits featured highly unlike the other day.
Ooh I like the sound of DIY beeswax wrap kits, saves me the faff of doing them..... do you just supply fabric, beeswax & instructions?

Ooh I like the sound of DIY beeswax wrap kits, saves me the faff of doing them..... do you just supply fabric, beeswax & instructions?
I make a beeswax/resin jojoba mix and also supply greaseproof paper and a brush with the other bits you mentioned.

I use pizza boxes for them. Three sizes of fabric. TBH I prefer making the wraps!
20231201_231924.jpg

@Rory Fields

Rory. Have you just won an intantvap?
Bloomin good prize from Laurence.
I know! V surreal, read it several times before I could comprehend it and then felt v guilty and undeserving but hopefully people will share it with me - I'd been saving for one in the new year so it feels doubly lucky. It's an incredibly generous prize - he could easily have sold it on, I'll treasure it and look after it - I'm exceptionally lucky!

I make a beeswax/resin jojoba mix and also supply greaseproof paper and a brush with the other bits you mentioned.

I use pizza boxes for them. Three sizes of fabric. TBH I prefer making the wraps!
View attachment 38307
This looks great though. I have lots of older customers with time on their hands or younger ones with kids so they will love making them.

This looks great though. I have lots of older customers with time on their hands or younger ones with kids so they will love making them.
Obviously heat warning for children!

I got my boxes from Kite Packaging although Booker also sell them.

Some people are charging a lot more than I on etsy!

Obviously heat warning for children!

I got my boxes from Kite Packaging although Booker also sell them.

Some people are charging a lot more than I on etsy!
Etsy is crazy money!
Transpack are also good for boxes and biodegradable bags which I use for my Xmas sets I sell locally.40F04973-3B8F-4EA0-9993-2CD515E9932F.jpeg

Vaping today I’ve done 20 colonies since breakfast another 64 to go then on to the home apiaries
A bit windy but dry at least today
I've done 45 this morning while putting woodpecker guards on. I have another 10 to do this afternoon and hopefully I will finish off my last apiary on Wednesday or Thursday. The Instantvap makes it so much easier but I'm only getting about 18 colonies from a 6ah battery which is a bit of a bugger. (They were cheap copies so that may be the reason)

I've done 45 this morning while putting woodpecker guards on. I have another 10 to do this afternoon and hopefully I will finish off my last apiary on Wednesday or Thursday. The Instantvap makes it so much easier but I'm only getting about 18 colonies from a 6ah battery which is a bit of a bugger. (They were cheap copies so that may be the reason)
I need to get an instant vape it’s a bit of a ball ache dragging a generator around I do like using the sublimox though .
Does the instant vape only take a 6ah battery ?

Latest posts

Back