Virtual meetings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Looking forward to our winter meetings for the Division, it looks unlikely that we can meet safely.
Thinking of tuition for the members who have just got bees and those still getting their heads around the basics,, what do you suggest we can do from a 'virtual' perspective to help/ entertain/teach/ all members.
All suggestions gratefully received. :welcome:

Looking forward to our winter meetings for the Division, it looks unlikely that we can meet safely.

Thinking of tuition for the members who have just got bees and those still getting their heads around the basics,, what do you suggest we can do from a 'virtual' perspective to help/ entertain/teach/ all members.

All suggestions gratefully received. :welcome:
Setting up a zoom meet would be a good idea, choosing a subject to talk about.
One of the associations I'm with have been doing this because of lock down.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

committee zoom tonight to discuss, but yes, a zoom 'help line' night may be very useful.
As long as all 150 members don't want 'in'..I might hit a panic button!

Somerset are running a couple of the modules remotely via zoom - starting in a couple of weeks. Maybe not one for your regular meet nor for newbies, but something to consider if there is any demand.

Just to add, they are not trying to get everyone to do the exam, if members want to attend just to increase their knowledge that is fine.

We ran Apiary inspections on Zoom earlier this year.

With regard to teaching, it might be helpful to produce your own series of videos around the different topics you'd normally cover and post them on YouTube (other video hosting services available!).

That way you can make sure that all of the important points are included in your video or anything you want to physically show them is easy to see with the help of editing.

Then you can direct the 'students' to watch the video on a certain topic before you get them all together via Zoom to discuss it further or answer any queries they might have.

The video will be available for them to refer back to afterwards too - you can keep it private if you don't want it available to everyone not on one of your courses.

We all know there is an abundance of videos out there but students would probably appreciate some that they know are directly relevant to their geographical location and the way that you recommend doing things.

Aahhh. just learnt how to zoom... am not very au fait with putting stuff on utube..am lucky if I can get all the committee to meet on zoom, 2 wont trust Whatsap....
We need some youngsters on board.. will put out a plea to members.. I am happy to teach, but this a very new ball game for me..(feeling my age!)

Latest posts

Back