vaporizer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammerbee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm thinking of buying a vaporizer to varroa treatment but it seems they all need a battery - any idea about what kind of battery I need to get please?

If you only have one hive, and don't plan on getting too many more, then a varrox will do the trick (even better if borrowed) and a small 12v battery will be sufficient.

For those with say 25+ hives, the Sublimox is excellent - it is 240v, so an inverter run by a vehicle (extension cable is handy) is also needed (inverter is around £50). The beauty of the Sublimox is that each hive takes about 90 secs max to to complete, and the hotplate is always outside the hive (pipe goes in through small hole drilled in side of floor....entrance temporarily closed with foam rubber strip).

I'll go for the 12 volt - one hive only (but counting)

I don't think that can handle the current.

I would be inclined to pop into Halfords and buy the smallest and cheapest car battery they've got.

I use a garden tractor/mower battery £25-£35 12v 40Ahr light enough to tuck under your arm. Big T has Vapmite for£35

just go to your local garage and ask for one they're going to ditch. Good enough for keeping it's charge for vaping a couple of hives

I did this . My usual garage obliged in exchange for a couple of jars of honey. The battery treats about 8 hives in one go, still has plenty of charge left at the end and has been going for two years so far

Back