Upcoming weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 30ft of rail line taken out down the road at Dawlish but today all hives working well and bringing in plenty of pollen, what a difference a day makes!

Clouds of bees from all hives :)
Plenty collecting water from the compost we are throwing into the raised beds. Bees seem to be ignoring the sunny pond next to the hives but they have found the apiary crocuses :)

Clouds of bees from all hives :)
Plenty collecting water from the compost we are throwing into the raised beds. Bees seem to be ignoring the sunny pond next to the hives but they have found the apiary crocuses :)

How lucky you all are to have such wonderful weather conditions.
At the mo. it is sunny with some cloud in Sheffield. From the evidence on the flight pad the colony that is in the sun at the moment has been clearing out the dead, one bee was orientating as I went to check at 13.15. this is the first flying that i have been aware of this year apart from when I did a treatment for Varroa and they came out to see what was going on. I have planted some primula, in bloom, as my garden is way behind the gardens down in the valley, no crocus in bloom yet just a few Eranthis (winter Aconites) up and in bud. but it does give me a chance to tell the neighbours they can come round to mend their fence and cut back the hedges.

Well weather wise, the week ahead looks more settled, temperatures around average or slightly above. The main difference will be a reduction in winds and heavy rain. There may be some rain here and there but more likely in the NW of the UK, the rest of us could see some nice sunshine here and there. From next weekend there is the possibility of more wind/rain but this not nailed on at all as yet... one of the main strong signals is that the weather doesn't look like getting cold any time soon.

Well weather wise, the week ahead looks more settled, temperatures around average or slightly above. The main difference will be a reduction in winds and heavy rain. There may be some rain here and there but more likely in the NW of the UK, the rest of us could see some nice sunshine here and there. From next weekend there is the possibility of more wind/rain but this not nailed on at all as yet... one of the main strong signals is that the weather doesn't look like getting cold any time soon.

That's a blessing.

After the serious travel disruptions and powercuts of last weekend I don't want any more for a very long time. It would be nice for the ground to have a chance to dry out too.

Today, here, it is sunny and the bees are busy with orientation flights.

That's a blessing.

After the serious travel disruptions and powercuts of last weekend I don't want any more for a very long time. It would be nice for the ground to have a chance to dry out too.

Today, here, it is sunny and the bees are busy with orientation flights.

Looking more likely now that next week is going to be quite unsettled again with rain... Not quite so windy but not great.

Looking more likely now that next week is going to be quite unsettled again with rain... Not quite so windy but not great.

Bless you Roola ..sadly, of late, you have been bang on the money with your predictions, damn you ! Find us some spring .... pleeeeease ...

The suns magetic flux and solar wind wil be very high on the 24/25 feb due to an earth facing coronal hole on the sun, this normally means that winds are higher and cyclones are of lower pressure than the the met forecasts, So iexpect the worst weather to hit on Tuesday 25th February plus or minus 12hrs

Its supposed to be bright up here today. Who knows where those isobar's are going to be

Bless you Roola ..sadly, of late, you have been bang on the money with your predictions, damn you ! Find us some spring .... pleeeeease ...

Thanks Roola .... beautiful crisp, sunny, morning down here in Hampshire ... bees poking their noses out at 8.00am .. not flying at present - just having a look at the yellow thing up in the sky, but it was only 5.5 degrees.

You obviously had a word in the right ear .... can't see it lasting but at least it's a few hours respite !

Looks like we're in for a nice couple of days here in Kent. It's a little chilly at the moment but the sun is shining with the promise of a lovely day ahead.:nature-smiley-016:

Looks like we're in for a nice couple of days here in Kent. It's a little chilly at the moment but the sun is shining with the promise of a lovely day ahead.:nature-smiley-016:

Yes, some showers about today and tomorrow but sunny spells too... Rain moving down through Sunday and Monday into Tuesday looking windy with some heavier rain... Potentially a little colder for the end of next week so lets hope our girls make the most of the next few days.

Thanks Roola .... beautiful crisp, sunny, morning down here in Hampshire ... bees poking their noses out at 8.00am .. not flying at present - just having a look at the yellow thing up in the sky, but it was only 5.5 degrees.

You obviously had a word in the right ear .... can't see it lasting but at least it's a few hours respite !

Ours already out this morning and its only 6 degrees... Love these bees!

Hi all, thought i'd give you some good news... Its looking more and more likely that the settled weather is here to stay next week! High pressure still to dominate over the south of the country although it may sink a bit on Wednesday/Thursday so the North may see a bit of cloud/cooler temperatures. Things in the South looking pretty nice though, best of all little or no rainfall is expected :)

had the heating on all day today, very very chilly in Lancashire
no bees flying
putting floors in tonight for a bit of extra protection

Getting colder here,though :(
Just as goat willow and blackthorn are set to bloom :( :( :(

Hi Ericha,
Think I have identified another forage plant that my bees are bringing in Cherry Plum - cocoa powder colour or is it something else? Do you know the colour of blackthorn pollen? I have been told by other more experienced beeks in my area that there is a flow on. I guess this explains the the nice aromas coming out of my hives? Many thanks

Things in the South looking pretty nice though, best of all little or no rainfall is expected :)

Rain is forcast here next week according to Acu weather, and not going much above 10c until the end of April and beyond...

Been one nice day here so far... that was last Sunday when it was nice and sunny with temperatures up to 15c, since then it has been foggy every day with temperatures struggling to get much above 6c...the complete opposite of the warmer temperatures that were forecast for this area.:icon_204-2:

Back