types of smoker fuels used

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the frame suppliers kindly send some excellent smoker fuel with the kit you buy. Th0rnes in particular send me nice concertina cut card board* included in the price, just check/sort it for sellotape and excessive printing and job done. If you dont have enough fuel from one small delivery then perhaps you are using too much smoke?

* other suppliers of pre-cut cardboard available ;)

BBB do you have the book that came from as an ebook?

i would love to read it if u do.

Most of the frame suppliers kindly send some excellent smoker fuel with the kit you buy. Th0rnes in particular send me nice concertina cut card board* included in the price, just check/sort it for sellotape and excessive printing and job done. If you dont have enough fuel from one small delivery then perhaps you are using too much smoke?

* other suppliers of pre-cut cardboard available ;)

Or, unlike most beekeepers you're not spending enough at the sales!!

Or, unlike most beekeepers you're not spending enough at the sales!!

Yorkshire tendancies tend to prevail I'm afraid .... but given your location I can't accept that we are anything other than like minded on this point:

Sale reduction v fuel cost > fuel wipes out saving and postage in one > life too short > home delivery > free fuel :biggrinjester:

Last edited:
I've been using lavender stalks all season from last year's pruning and still have loads left.

When short of fuel I've relied on screwed up news papers , surprising how long they last if correctly packed :)
VM

i save toilet roll tubes - fold up 4-6 inside another. fit perfectly inside the DIY bean can brazier insert in my smoker. once going top up with walnut leaves or lavender trimmings.

Latest posts

Back