Twitter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwenyn11

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Any beekeepers on twitter!? Post your name here!!

@gruffydd_rees

Closed book to me and staying shut. Removed my Facebook account last night too, another complete waste of time. Had in fact a very intresting article sent me by a marketing executive from New York of a very prestegious agency saying that both she and her top Forbes 100 clients are removing thier Facebook presence as it does their companies no good and wastes their employees time.

And no I am no Luddite, been on line longer than most. Just totally fail to see the use of it and the email it generates... sheesh.

PH

If you have nothing positive to contribute don't say anything.

Twitter/ Facebook is a great marketing tool! Forbes is on twitter!

And from a social point of view it's an excellent way of keeping in touch with friends.

personally I have never known a good enough reason to 'follow' anyone on twitter...

Out of 1,000 tweets with the #worldcup hashtag during the game, only 16 percent were legitimate news and 7.6 percent were deemed 'legitimate conversation' — which leaves 6 percent spam, 24 percent self-promotion, about 17 percent re-tweets, and a whopping 29 percent of useless observation

I also choose what bits of information I share with my friends and family, and keep in touch with those I want to keep in touch with. People who know me know i don't like Facebook and will not find any information about me there.
It is a marketers dream with search engines trawling through peoples pages collecting information to create marketing results... or worse.

There are often burglarys committed due to twitters and facebook entrys saying they are going on holiday, if not done by their owners, but by their children, friends, work colleagues....
... never mind the perverts that follow young peoples pages.... never mind the one in twenty facebook pages that contain viruses\trojans\spyware...

... if you can't tell already, I am not a fan!

Last edited:
and I think this should be off topic!

Sorry but I think this is not called for. We are all entitled to post our views positive or negative (wuithout being too rude of course;))

I made a positive contribution as in a double negative and the last post I would make to anyone is don't.

PH

blimey, talk about overreaction!:nopity:

Overreaction indeed!! No I'm just a countryside ranger trying to make new beekeeping contacts.

If your scared of twitter then I take it your scared of going out to the "real world" thousands of bad things can happen to you just walking down the street!
A child could tell his friends ( in person) his family is going on holiday and his friend might tell someone els..... And his house could be burgled!! Do you think kids should not be allowed to communicate because it's to dangerous!!!!? The media makes you scared of things just live your life without worry!!

I find people in forums are more dangerous than people on twitter. Some members on this forum claim to be master beekeepers and own hundreds of hives! They could be a total beginner! Where is the proof? People can be whatever or whoever they want on this website and that is dangerous!

When I talk to people I like to know who it is I'm talking to. I have nothing to hide and I'm weary of people that do......

Gwenyn, after a few reported posts ........ if you reply to other members like this when they make a perfectly good reply to your OP, then you may not be saying anything for very long on this forum either, i hope you understand that.

Thats why it pays to take your time on the forum and see what answers people give, before having a go at someone who is extremely help full.:rolleyes:

scared??... dangerous??? are you talking risk evaluation??

do you cross a busy road on a bend or do you cross a busy road at a zebra crossing... both have risks, but one is riskier than the other.

I do not use Twitter nor Facebook not because they are 'dangerous' but as a personal choice. it is often those that don't really understand that has the problems.
A girl at work got offended because someone she didn't like looked at her Facebook page... "it's private!" she complained. Many laughed... I sympathised and explained why the others laughed.

I care not to share my business with anyone that owns a computer. I care not for agencys to collect my data and do with it what they will.
I do not care for sites such as 192.com being able to release as much information as they do, but I have no choice.

Just because I or many others do not wish to discuss, or release aspects of our personal lives into the Public Domain, does not mean I or they cannot be trusted.

I am sure there are many things you do not Twit or put on your Facebook page because you deem them too private...

Ok I must have missed something out here. I asked in a super positive way for twitter names.

I was given a long story of how twitter is evil and it should not be used!!

Sorry I disagree with you all. Why reply to a question with somthing totally irrelevant? I wanted beekeeping contacts not an opinion of twitter!

If I asked "What do you think of twitter" then the reply would have been fine.
I did not, and now the topic has gone way off course!

For example

If I asked a room full of people anyone here beekeeper?

And was given an answer "I don't like beekeeping"

It's a negative reply in an indirect way. And an answer that did not answer the question.

It's not hard to find Beekeepers on twitter - try using the search facility. Once you follow one there's Plenty of offers for you to follow their friends. Some of which will be other Beekeepers...

Well I've followed you! Don't use twitter much more of a Facebook person! I always post my annual Halloween party on there and invite everyone! Never had an issue apart from 2 naked red devils showing up...but we didn't mind that ;)

Latest posts

Back