TV tonight

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatbritishhoney

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Tonight ITV 1 @ 8pm - Little England

A bit about the Val de Dropt beekeepers (English beekeeping group in France).
Not sure how long it will be, but will probably feature Bridget Beattie who writes the beginners guide thing in Beecraft.

Tonight ITV 1 @ 8pm - Little England

A bit about the Val de Dropt beekeepers (English beekeeping group in France).
Not sure how long it will be, but will probably feature Bridget Beattie who writes the beginners guide thing in Beecraft.
I remember Bridget starting in the craft , she turned out to be a natural ,being blessed with a highly academic brain accompanied by a practical ability and the knack of imparting her skills using meaningful teaching methodology.
Quite a lot in such a small bundle not worthy
VM

I remember Bridget starting in the craft , she turned out to be a natural ,being blessed with a highly academic brain accompanied by a practical ability and the knack of imparting her skills using meaningful teaching methodology.
Quite a lot in such a small bundle not worthy
VM

I'll second that!
It was at a meeting of the Dropt beekeepers about 6 years ago that I decided to take up beekeeping. My father in law is a member of the group and I went along out of interest when we were staying with them. I found Bridget's talk fascinating and very clear. I wish I could say the same about all the beekeeping talks I've heard!

Hi,
I am a novice at Beekeeping and saw last nights Little England with Bridget Beattie and would love to get in contact with her group so I can learn more (I also live in the Dordogne).
Could you, or anyone else, help me with finding the contact details.
Thanks

Hi,
I am a novice at Beekeeping and saw last nights Little England with Bridget Beattie and would love to get in contact with her group so I can learn more (I also live in the Dordogne).
Could you, or anyone else, help me with finding the contact details.
Thanks

PM me your details and I'll pass them on.:)

Dear Greatbritishhoney,
I have tried to PM you but am unable to as I have less than 3 posts.
I also get blocked on giving out my email address.
If possible, could you post your email address so I can contact you directly.
We have inherited two hives and would love to find someone local to help show us what to do!
Thanks for your help and best wishes

I'm just doing another post to qualify for the PM option!

Carpo, -- Where are you in the Dordogne? I am north of Nontron and would be happy to help if you are nearer to me than Bridget:)

Hello. I am also new at bee keeping and I would love to get in touch with Bridget Beattie. I only have one hive, new to me this year, and I would like to know more.

Hi MJBee,
Thank you for your kind offer of help, we are quite a way from Nontron but if we can get up that way at all, we will get in touch again.
Thanks
Greg

Hello Carpo
Did you manage to contact Bridget Beattie?
If so, could you tell her that I would also like to be in contact with her please?
Thanks
David

Startbee, PM me and I'll give you the e-mail address of the group's secretary.
I doubt Bridget will want loads of people contacting her directly.

I would second (third? fourth?) the comments regarding Bridget's abilities. She helped me greatly with my botany this year. A patient and knowledgeable teacher.

For those of you who are interested, she is teaching two courses in Devon this coming weekend, and in Kent in March. "Teaching for Beekeepers" and "Integrated Pest Management (IPM)". Further details on the NDB website. I understand places are still available on both courses/locations.

Dan.

Thank you to Great British Honey, Rose cottage, and Dan Bee. I will follow up the leads you have given me.
I will be back to let you know how I get on.
Many Thanks

Hello all
Reporting back as I promised.
I have been in touch with Bridget and will be on a course with her in the spring.
Thank you for your guidance.

Latest posts

Back