Trade Shows ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WBKA spring convention second of April at Llanelwedd (Near Builth Wells) we have a new venue this year with more room for traders - we always have Maisies and big T's there as well as BB wear and Sherriff so I don't know what else will be there this year'
BBKA spring convention is on the following weekend.

new venue this year
At the show ground still?

Yes, the old food hall overlooking the forestry and nature area, the plan is, i believe to hold the lectures in the President's pavillion so more room and the trade stands in the food hall for the same reason

If anyone is going, we'll see you there! ;)

I'm planning on it Kaz, although they haven't published the schedule yet for me to decide whether to stay Saturday as well

I'm planning on it Kaz, although they haven't published the schedule yet for me to decide whether to stay Saturday as well

It hasn't been decided yet which day we will be going either, we are waiting on the schedule to be published too. I'm just looking forward to the road trip. I think i should be in charge of the music, I'm sure Dusty won't mind ;)

Hi

Anyone know of good trade shows re equipment suppliers this year , and when where ?

Cheers

The British Beekeepers Association Convention is likely to be best. No disrespect meant to the others, for those living in the area they serve a useful purpose. But they are provincial events and so attract fewer stands.
You will find several of your countrymen come to the BBKA event; held this year in early April at Harper Adams College.

OK Thanks, with regard to the exhibitors . Does it attract many European suppliers/companies, extensive large number of stands ?

Sounds like this could be of interest.

. I think i should be in charge of the music, I'm sure Dusty won't mind ;)

As long as it's not "R&B", warbling sopranos or religious music, that will be fine by me.

Oh, and not David Bowie either. I'm sorry the guy's died so young (2 years older than me) but I'm sick of hearing about it!

Dusty

I hear that a number of traders favoured the tradex show rather than the convention last year

Last edited:
As long as it's not "R&B", warbling sopranos or religious music, that will be fine by me.

Oh, and not David Bowie either. I'm sorry the guy's died so young (2 years older than me) but I'm sick of hearing about it!

Dusty

Bit of Lemmy then? :icon_204-2:

What about in Other European countries , any big shows coming up known of ?

There is one in Scandinavia as far as I remember. Unfortunately the email seems to be impossible to locate, so unable to give more details.
Why not stay with the British shows/conventions for the time being, hive sizes on the continent will be different and therefore of little or no use. You will find plenty of foreign manufactured equipment at the BBKA convention. If you wish to buy wax and/or frames, get there very early, the sales will be in the car park.

If its just trade stands you want go to Tradex in early March. £5 to get in (less if in advance, or free to BFA members), compared to £20-26 at BBKA convetion.
More European traders, in fact more traders than BBKA convention.
Earlier in the season so suits me as things normally start ramping up in April, 1st harvest 12th April in 2014.

Enjoy yourself whatever you decide.

Last edited:
OK Thanks, with regard to the exhibitors . Does it attract many European suppliers/companies, extensive large number of stands ?

Sounds like this could be of interest.

Beetradex last year had Swienty, a French supplier of honey processing equipment and at least one Italian firm IIRC

Latest posts

Back