To keep one amused

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went round and round with this!
Wordle 405 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

405 3/6
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜ my plucky start left 15 possibles
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨 far from stumped, this left only 1 possible...
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 - so fairly happy!
Makes up for my 5 on Tuesday.

Last edited:
405 3/6
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜ my plucky start left 15 possibles
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨 far from stumped, this left only 1 possible...
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 - so fairly happy!
Makes up for my 5 on Tuesday.
I’m glad you worked out how to share your results πŸ˜‚
it took me for ever .

406 3/6
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜ A funky kick off has only 5 solutions, but three of them share ending but no start letters - I might need four (but possible 2).
So I pause a bit and look at the wider pool of 15 words that I can allow myself, using the 2 letters found and one uses 2 of the 6 start letters and will show which of the 3 it is but will not decide between the other pair of possible words. I still might need 4, but my odds of 3 are better this way...
My aim is to avoid high scores and stay on or below 4 if I can...
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜ It's not one of the pair, I have flushed out the solution.
No poker face.
Pondering away afterwards I consulted a bigger dictionary with loads of words I hardly believe to be real (and lots of capitalised too) and that found 35 words I could allow myself with one being a better line 2 that would have guaranteed a 3. But I think it's a puzzle for words we know...
Defined as β€’ disorganised Β· kick about Β· quality time β€’ a "liquid aldehyde with a penetrating odour". Also used for a Sith lord in Star Wars.
More nerdy: probably only the chemical, the other meanings seem to be a google glitch - when I clicked through to the opendictionary from that google line it did NOT know the word! I could not even find that text on the page - so beware googlish misleadings, googlies?
I don't think I'm spoiling much if I reveal this "word" is fural.

Last edited:
Those nice empty lines are what I try to get but have been failing recently, despite picking less likely letters. Looks like the programmers have done a set of words with less common letters for us lately; maybe I'll have to swap to common letters to get less hits!

Took a bit of thinking after line 2. Felt a bit lucky as everything turned green on line 3. I suspect there were quite a number of other possibilities at that point.

Wordle 407 3/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

James

407 4/6
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
Found more than I wanted on line 2 and was restricted in sorting between 9 possible solutions, a bit lucky to make 4, could have been 5. Another group of similar words in the 9 to avoid getting stuck in and having to work through the list or be lucky...
Now I think there was a better line 3 I could have used, but maybe I think that now knowing more than I would have at line 2 though.
To do better what I think I should do more is consider the widest group of words I could use, so at line 2 while I knew it was one of 9 solutions there were 21 words I could play under my chosen "must use what I have" rule. I tend not to consider that bigger list enough at this sort of stage - TBH it's just too much hard mental work looking at the 9 x 21 combinations!

Last edited:
407 4/6
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
Found more than I wanted on line 2 and was restricted in sorting between 9 possible solutions, a bit lucky to make 4, could have been 5. Another group of similar words in the 9 to avoid getting stuck in and having to work through the list or be lucky...
Now I think there was a better line 3 I could have used, but maybe I think that now knowing more than I would have at line 2 though.
To do better what I think I should do more is consider the widest group of words I could use, so at line 2 while I knew it was one of 9 solutions there were 21 words I could play under my chosen "must use what I have" rule. I tend not to consider that bigger list enough at this sort of stage - TBH it's just too much hard mental work looking at the 9 x 21 combinations!
It’s all very odd. When I get the answer quickly, in two rows, (not very often) I feel instantly pleased, but then robbed of the challenge!
I think I get more satisfaction when I’m under pressure and get it in four or over....

Latest posts

Back