Tip-of-the-day: remove your marker pen from your bee suit before putting it in the wash!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no need to put it through the wash for that effect - plenty of red in one pocket this year when a TOMA pen exploded on me, it has almost obliterated the nice white paint stain from a while ago when the cap on another pen worked loose in my pocket.

What are you marking with a pink pen?
K 🤔
in my case, it's usually queens of unknown provenance (so age unknown, usually from a swarm) or those sat on the green mile so easily spotted when it's gatepost time.

no need to put it through the wash for that effect - plenty of red in one pocket this year when a TOMA pen exploded on me, it has almost obliterated the nice white paint stain from a while ago when the cap on another pen worked loose in my pocket.
Yes, the pink pen in the pic was a Toma. The green Posca in the same pocket didn't leak.

Renewing the marks on last year's Qs. At long last I've learnt to mark with paler colours. Dark reds and greens just don't show up.
The reds were horrendous last year and so I switched to pink which as you say is eye catching. I now have to find a different decent colour for swarms and no one seems to do a fluorescent orange!

The reds were horrendous last year and so I switched to pink which as you say is eye catching. I now have to find a different decent colour for swarms and no one seems to do a fluorescent orange!
TOMA do one with pink glitter, which I ordered in error this year - very surreal looking queen in that colony

Latest posts

Back