Removing Posca pen paint from metal lids

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardK

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Ideally 3 to 5.
This season I've taken to noting key things directly on the metal hive lid using last years Posca pen. Having just moved a nuc into a hive, I now need to remove said paint. A quick google tells me I could use hand sanitiser, water, or a razor blade....I know a simple wash won't work, maybe I need put a bit more effort into it. For those of you with metal lids and who use Posca pens on them, how do you remove the paint?

This season I've taken to noting key things directly on the metal hive lid using last years Posca pen. Having just moved a nuc into a hive, I now need to remove said paint. A quick google tells me I could use hand sanitiser, water, or a razor blade....I know a simple wash won't work, maybe I need put a bit more effort into it. For those of you with metal lids and who use Posca pens on them, how do you remove the paint?
A different coloured pen for this year maybe😃

Clean with hand sanitizer, buy a Chinagraph for future notes.

I pop a spot of paint on my poly hives brood box which are painted dark brown masonry paint. A quick paint over the old spot with the brown and the new colour beside where the old one was. On the brood box the queen is inside (one hopes!) but roofs can get swapped by accident.

Latest posts

Back