Thornes sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our order went through at 9:10 am on day of sale. I know of people ordering after this that have had their stuff back, but not on the scale of our order. Its not doing their customer relations any good.

I believe that they are not. Which is why we use our credit plastic for on line purchases so we are insured.

PH

Yes so dont worry lol waiting on £4500 worth. :cheers2:
Hmmmmmmm.
Can I assume that you are talking with people at director level regarding your present concerns, and if not . . .

I imagine that you are currently a very uncomfortable middle man. My best advice is to make your negotiations private and insist on talking to someone senior if necessary . . . it is.

I can't imagine that any established business such as this would go out of their way to treat you badly and so with a perceived problem of this magnitude I am sure that they will be more than happy to get it sorted as quickly and as amicably as possible.

Turn on your charm and speak politely :) I hope that the problem is sorted for you very soon. :)

Last edited:
Has anyone checked Thornes prices lately.I noticed that the prices shown in the 2009 price list with 15 % V A T were the same as the previous year when V A T was 17 1/2 %,which means that in actual fact Thornes hadn't reduced their prices by 2 1/2 % as other companies had but this resulted in a core price increase.I think this was shady practice - I bet their prices have gone up another 2 1/2 % in the latest price list though.With very little competition it would seem they can charge what they like and get away with it.No wonder I make all my own hives.

Thornes are the only UK supplier that deliver to France without stupid carriage charges.

How about this for service:- on line order placed 16 Feb @ 0851 GMT Received 19 Feb 0807 GMT Just under 3 days Brill
:cheers2: Mike

With all the demand from new beekeepers it's becoming a sellers market.

I was looking at some old price lists recently and the price of 2nds grade supers has risen around 50% from Jan 06 to Jan 10. But give it another few years and there will be a heap of secondhand equipment on the market as the fad fades. So my tip is make sure all these beginners put the hives together properly, as they might be yours one day :)

Be interesting to see what prices are fetched for bees at the auctions this year. I do hope we get someone reporting back here as to quantity, quality and price. (I probably can't make it to any of them this year)

m100 - where and when do these auctions take place? It would be interesting to attend one or two perhaps.

m100 - where and when do these auctions take place? It would be interesting to attend one or two perhaps.

I will create a thread as a sticky that members can add auctions to if we get a few added in this thread.

Meon valley beekeepers:
SATURDAY 1st MAY Meon Valley Auction at Greatham village hall,Petersfield Road Greatham GU33 6HA

(Its near Guildford Surrey)

Lincoln County Showground 3rd April
Off the A15 North of Lincoln.
Bees and equipment accepted from 3pm Friday 2nd April.
Viewing from 9am Saturday. Sale starts at 12 noon.
5% Buyers premium - 12 1/2% Sellers Commission.

Newark Showground 10th April
Commencing 2:00pm. Sale goods received 8:00am onwards on day of sale

Beverley is usually towards the end of April, York in Mid May

veg, to be fair to Thornes they have not really given me any issues or even a need to escalate etc, just had confirmation today that it should be ready next week if I want.

I will create a thread as a sticky that members can add auctions to if we get a few added in this thread.

This is a good idea as I will like also to attend one or two depending on distance

Latest posts

Back