Things for you beesuit pocket?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isc26

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
What indispensable items do you always have with you?

Just antihistamines, top pocket of jacket. The rest of the bits and bobs in a tool bag.

Car keys!
:icon_204-2:

Joking apart, in my case 2 things most important

Mobile Phone - In case of emergencies
My pocket camera - There is always something interesting that presents itself there and then!

BBWear suit has lots of pockets
Top breast pocket: mobile phone, lighter
Arm pocket: pen and permanent marker
Left hip pocket: a supply of spare blue nitrile gloves
Left thigh pocket: Nicot cages during swarming period

Right thigh pocket: apiary keys, car keys and epipen
Right hip pocket: leatherman tool and knife, queen marking cage and marking pens
Right thigh: hivetool
Right breast pocket: spare pen

Butterfly queen clip
Pencil
Mobile phone
Spare hive record cards
Hip flask filled with Tallisker!
Truck keys on clip secured inside pocked ( Std on Sheriff suits )

Yeghes da

Marigolds, blue nitriles
1% hydrocortisone cream, plasters
Black biro, Pukka Pad miniature notebook with band
Queen mating pen, crown of thorns (plastic - so fits in pocket).
Sharp and clean Swiss Army knife- so cuts and acts as screwdriver
Smoker, blowlamp.
Mobile.

Hive notes. (on bad day,Cramp's Beekeepers' Field Guide for disease piccies)

Water . and sprayer.. occasionally..

Truck keys on clip secured inside pocked ( Std on Sheriff suits )
Now, thats a great idea. I lost a set of apiary keys in the long grass this year.
I'd thought about getting one of those small carabina clips from halfords to hold the keys. If I put it through the rings on my veil, I might even remember to close it properly

Small magnifying glass

Nothing. Put the lot of it in a box so I can wash the suit without emptying pockets.

Now, thats a great idea. I lost a set of apiary keys in the long grass this year.
I'd thought about getting one of those small carabina clips from halfords to hold the keys. If I put it through the rings on my veil, I might even remember to close it properly

My sherif suit has a clip on the inside of one of the pockets that I always fix my car keys to! I have no idea why they put it there though
E

My sherif suit has a clip on the inside of one of the pockets that I always fix my car keys to! I have no idea why they put it there though
E

Says in the blurb it's for keys. ;)

That's a good idea. i have a BBwear. I'll stitch a clip inside a pocket before I use it again. I'd already decided I need to velcro the breast pocket.

Says in the blurb it's for keys. ;)

That's a good idea. i have a BBwear. I'll stitch a clip inside a pocket before I use it again. I'd already decided I need to velcro the breast pocket.

Another great idea is a magnetic clip that holds your hive-tool.....no need for a pocket that gets torn. I saw this on a video

Latest posts

Back