The war, the bees, russia and the UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same Suomenlinna fortress 1808. Cyber picture.

Russian troops had occupied Capital City of Helsinki, and they bombed with cannons the fortress which had Swedish troops. Napolen lost the war and Russia got Finland from Sweden.

The name was first Sweden's Fortress but after the war it was named Finland's Fortress.

Screenshot_20220413-174311_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
"The British Army has never helped weak nations." was this tongue in cheek??

lets not forget... 'England' assisted Greek independence from Turkey in the 1820s, and Turkey (Ottoman Empire) against the Russians in 1854 Crimean War... Kuwait Gulf War 1, Bosnia Herzegovina and Kossovo and lets not forget that GB entered the First World War after Germany invaded Belgium a neutral country then whose neutrality had been guaranted by treaty after 1815... Napoleonic Wars... Germany complaining the British went to war over "a Scrap of paper"... show what they though of international treaties back then...

neutrailty is no guarantee of safety unless like Switzwerland and Austria you are surrounded by NATO countries ;)
Nations must defend themselves against privateers and tyrants who can always find an excuse for their tyranny as they attempt to tear nations apart using political lies, fraud and brute force.
The world cannot allow one mad dog and his armed forces to destroy world peace. Those tyrants and generals acting like “mad dogs” and must chased to the ends of the earth and brought to justice, there is no escaping criminal responsibility.
The wolf is the wolf and Russian 'leaders' are not lambs.

Look what has happened in oil countries of Near East and in many other places.
Let's be honest. I don't believe that the West is perfect. In fact russian propaganda always includes this statement: look what the West did there... Can't we do the same here?
Anyway this statement can never justify what they do here. This war is existential. To be or not to be.
They always say, Ukraine does not exist. For this part of Eastern Europe, for Russian imperialistic ideology Kyiv is a center of their civilisation. It's a symbol like Rome or Athens. I could write a lot about their crazy theories, but this is not a proper place for that ****. You know, "Russian World" is a very dark matter, something like the Third Reich and they have enough people who are ready to kill for this idea. Forget NATO borders, US domination, Ukrainian nazi, and similar stuff for ordinary people.

By the way Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is very popular in Ukrainian media. You know, all those Orcs, Mordor, Sauron... Though I don't think the modern West is a kingdom of elfs but we have no option, otherwise we would be either dead or somewhere in Siberia.

Thank you Murox for your comment. It's shot, correct and clear. I can't write more obviously.

That’s another donation on the way to Ukraine……………Slava Ukraine🇺🇦

I'm delighted to see a hardening of the resolve in other UN countries .. now over 50 supporting Ukraine with weapons and humanitarian assistance - I was heartened to hear the Slovakian President today saying openly that they had struck a deal with Ukraine to repair captured russian tanks and return them to be used against their former owners ! They are very brave and I hope that Putin does not decide to make and issue of it.

There is more that can be done and I hope the offensive weapons now on their way from the USA make a difference.

The situation takes me back to August 1968 .. A friend, his nephew, my younger brother and I had driven overland to Yugoslavia for a camping holiday .. Yugoslavia was still intact and under the control of General Tito - a soft communist. After a couple of weeks there we heard, over the american forces radio in Germany, that Russia had invaded Czechslovakia to put an end to the Dubcek regime. The fear then was that they would not stop at Czechslovakia but would continue into Yugoslavia who refused to accept the obligations of the Warsaw pact. Scary times for us ... we were right down in the South near Split and we packed up and headed back to the safety of Austria.

But the current threat is very similar and I hope the West has more backbone than they had in 1968 when they did nothing and it took until 1993 for freedom from Russia to be restored.

Last edited:
I do hope they’re not intending on exporting these to Ukraine, a close look at the back is enough to put any off.
I'm more impressed by the price of that device :)

But you are right. Unfortunately they've made the letter Z toxic like nazi made it with swastika. This strange symbolism is going to be crazy in russia. "Z" is everywhere: banners on buildings, candy for kids... According to putin's propaganda it means the support of the "special military operation" and russian military forces. I don't know why they've chosen this Latin (not Cyrillic) letter (though there are many ideas, including some esoteric, for example Z and V, another letter widely used in russia, are the elements of the upturned penragram). It could be the sign to avoid friendly fire, but in 2014 and later they usually used two or three white lines.
However we can observe the interesting phenomenon: how almost the entire nation is turning into the crowd of zombies. It's a tragedy for Russians which they can't realize yet.

Glad to see Podilia is still able to join us.
Thanks.
Last week they tried to destroy the supply chains so fired at railway stations. I heard two blasts in the morning of the second day of Easter. Unfortunately they damaged some facilities, several people were killed and more injured in my town.
Since then all the missile systems seemed to be aimed to the east and south. Now it's only the matter of time - who will collect more power. They try to crush our defence there, mostly unsuccessfully. Another interesting region is Transnistria - it's an occupied part of Moldova. They want to join it with already occupied southern regions of Ukraine. This war can spread into Moldova which has no military forces. 9th of May is a sacred date, let's see what kind of victory they're going to show. I'm sure they can create a TV show or something like this.

Thanks.
Last week they tried to destroy the supply chains so fired at railway stations. I heard two blasts in the morning of the second day of Easter. Unfortunately they damaged some facilities, several people were killed and more injured in my town.
Since then all the missile systems seemed to be aimed to the east and south. Now it's only the matter of time - who will collect more power. They try to crush our defence there, mostly unsuccessfully. Another interesting region is Transnistria - it's an occupied part of Moldova. They want to join it with already occupied southern regions of Ukraine. This war can spread into Moldova which has no military forces. 9th of May is a sacred date, let's see what kind of victory they're going to show. I'm sure they can create a TV show or something like this.
I really hope they don't turn on Moldova ... it's a small and very poor country, what little army they have has no weapons that could be used against Russia - and it would be a very easy target for Putins expansionist plans.

The West has to stand up against this vile megalomaniac and we've said it before Podilla but if wishes and prayers could be used by Ukraine against the Russians they would be overhwhelmed in an instant. I work alongside a Russian and she cannot persuade her family in Russia that they are being fed rubbish by the Russian state media ... they are being brainwashed into believing that the lies Putin is telling them are the truth ...

The situation takes me back to August 1968 .. A friend, his nephew, my younger brother and I had driven overland to Yugoslavia for a camping holiday .. Yugoslavia was still intact and under the control of General Tito - a soft communist.
Tito had a talent to be between the Soviet regime and the West and use them both for his benefits. Now Serbia is dissapointing. The war may spread not only in Moldova, but in Bosnia again. I don't understand why Serbia believes that Russia is their best friend and even "brother nation". Sure some Serbian local leaders play their harmful game getting money from Russia. Ukraine didn't recognize Kosovo but it din't help to improve the relations between two nations. Anyway Balkans always respect winners.
I like Serbian culture and want this country to be friendly.
I really hope they don't turn on Moldova ... it's a small and very poor country, what little army they have has no weapons that could be used against Russia - and it would be a very easy target for Putins expansionist plans.
Moldova has really good wines. I think Romania could help - in fact this is one nation with common language. I also have heard that now an American detachment is near the border in Romania. It's also expected that putin can announce a military mobilisation in Russia in May 9th. Almost entire russian forces are in Ukraine now.

Well, today Boris had a speach in our parlament. One of the bravest leaders of modern West. I don't know what he did during the pandemic, now he looks encouraging. Who knows what kind of stupid things coud do our young president under the influence of his "unhealthy" surroundings without Jonson's support and significance.

Finland prepared for Russian offensive!

It appears SOME Fin’s have a sense of humour😉

Well, 100 days of "special military operation" is over. Russian media did not emphasize this date. Now they lost 30+ thousand soldiers killed and many more wounded. We also have thousands of victims especially civilians. Thier forces try to occupy two regions in the east, still unsecessfully. There is a fierce street fight in the city of Severodonetsk - big industrial city where russians want to surround our troops. I've heard the info that foreign fighters from Australia, France, Brasil and other countries - so called foreign legion - have arrived there to help our army. Russian legion "Freedom" is also fighting in that region.
1654294840102.jpeg

It seems that some western leaders don't realize the moment of history and their mission to be real leaders at this time. It's about promised weapon. Of course we also have a lot of questions to our government about ukrainian weapon and missiles - where are our industry and production? And many other questions...

Someone even can not see the world where Russia is the loser.

For example, there is a French recipe

- Do you know the recipe of "Macron" pastry?
- The recipe is the same as "Napoleon", only without nuts.

Французський рецепт

(Sure, I respect France and French people, it's just a political humour)

My bees are Ok. They are in the summer location. Strongest colonies have two stores. The weather is fine, sometimes raining, very warm. An unknown swarm settled in an empty hive - the apiary is growing without my work. My colonies are not swarming at the moment. Going to split some of them soon.

Fuel shortage and inflation are here together as well. But nature cures as always. I'm very happy to have bees.
There is a lot of vegetation. Usually I don't touch it. Trees and grass protect hives from unwanted eyes.

IMG_4278.jpg

Attachments

• 1654295545168.jpeg
    1654295545168.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
Back