The war, the bees, russia and the UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The website didn't work again for several days.
Three days ago a missile was shot down over my town by an air-defence system. The explosion made windows trembling. I came out, the night sky was dark, no smoke, no fire, just dogs were too alarmed. In the morning a mayor said the parts of the missile had damaged an empty building in an industrial area. Russian media as usual made a ridiculous statement that their missile had destroyed a big oil/fuel facility.

Meanwhile the bees have found the first fruit trees in blooms.
IMG_4259.jpg
IMG_4256.jpg
Ducks are not going to flee. The photo may not be with the birdwatching standarts but I like it.

IMG_4268.jpg

For those interested in the military aspects, the video about anti-tank missiles in action (Eng. sub.)

Now we are waiting for the most epic battle since WW2 in the east. Russians are gathering all their reserves, including the only army which is not involved yet - the 5th far east army with the old soviet metal scrap. They promise to use all possible conventional weapons and aircrafts. 150 thousand of soldiers will be there on their side.

QUOTE="Ian123, post: 818276, member: 17541"]

Ukrainian war seems to be a good joke to Ian. 🐫
OK, enough, we get the tractor thing now.

I rather agree ... the tragedy unfolding in Ukraine and the atrocities being found as the Russians are driven back is apalling. I understand that there is always humour in warfare - it's the only weapon humans have left when there is nothing else left but courage and determination.

I'm sure there's nobody on here making light of the situation in Ukraine but perhaps we need to look at this thread from the perspective of someone viewing individual posts without going back to the beginning and seeing the reason the thread started. We have a thread for humour elsewhere.

The website didn't work again for several days.
Three days ago a missile was shot down over my town by an air-defence system. The explosion made windows trembling. I came out, the night sky was dark, no smoke, no fire, just dogs were too alarmed. In the morning a mayor said the parts of the missile had damaged an empty building in an industrial area. Russian media as usual made a ridiculous statement that their missile had destroyed a big oil/fuel facility.

Meanwhile the bees have found the first fruit trees in blooms.
View attachment 31284
View attachment 31286
Ducks are not going to flee. The photo may not be with the birdwatching standarts but I like it.

View attachment 31289

For those interested in the military aspects, the video about anti-tank missiles in action (Eng. sub.)

Now we are waiting for the most epic battle since WW2 in the east. Russians are gathering all their reserves, including the only army which is not involved yet - the 5th far east army with the old soviet metal scrap. They promise to use all possible conventional weapons and aircrafts. 150 thousand of soldiers will be there on their side.

We are watching and hoping that the voices in the West now calling for more active support for more offensive weaponry are going to be heard by our Governments. The Russians clearly underestimated the resolve and determination of Ukraine's army and it's citizens - let's hope that they get another bloody nose if they do start concentrating on the Eastern flank. There is still time to prepare for such an offensive and hopefully we will do everything to support your forces who may have to face such an attack. We wish you all well.

We are watching and hoping that the voices in the West now calling for more active support for more offensive weaponry are going to be heard by our Governments. The Russians clearly underestimated the resolve and determination of Ukraine's army and it's citizens - let's hope that they get another bloody nose if they do start concentrating on the Eastern flank. There is still time to prepare for such an offensive and hopefully we will do everything to support your forces who may have to face such an attack. We wish you all well.

Whilst I think it will send a strong message if/when the Ukrainians defeat Russia without anyone else's forces, we need to do so much more. I am very disillusioned with Western governments and international institutions such as the UN who are repeating historical inaction while clinging to their cosy bourgeois lifestyles.

One should not mistake cowardice for wisdom.

@Podilia , thank you for the update and I echo what @pargyle is saying.

Finland has considered 30 years to join NATO, but now we are in a hurry.

Not much jokes about tractors here.

Picture: This is Ukraine

Screenshot_20220409-153451_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Picture: This is Ukraine
Are you sure? This is more like Syria, considering greenery, architecture and weather. Anyway they did the same job in many cities and villages.
I'll not post that kind of photos with dead bodies and destruction. You can find them in the news. But one picture is interesting. This is a military truck loaded with washing machines and other useful things when the great second strongest army in the world was running away from Kyiv region. The motivation of russian soldiers is beyond my understanding.
37085.jpg

Finland has considered 30 years to join NATO, but now we are in a hurry.
NATO is the best option in this part of the world. I think NATO or even British Army itself would defeat russians in a couple of days.

Last edited:
I am very disillusioned with Western governments and international institutions such as the UN who are repeating historical inaction while clinging to their cosy bourgeois lifestyles.

Not enough like buttons for this comment. Western governments have been woefully inadequate in their response. While the reasoning was "we do not want the war to escalate", IMO it already has, just not on our soil.

Are you sure? This is more like Syria, considering greenery, architecture and weather. Anyway they did the same job in many cities and villages.
I'll not post that kind of photos with dead bodies and destruction. You can find them in the news. But one picture is interesting. This is a military truck loaded with washing machines and other useful things when the great second strongest army in the world was running away from Kyiv region. The motivation of russian soldiers is beyond my understanding.
View attachment 31295

NATO is the best option in this part of the world. I think NATO or even British Army itself would defeated russians in a couple of days.

British Army is propably the last and least army to go to Ukrainian war.

The British Army has never helped weak nations.

British Army is propably the last and least army to go to Ukrainian war.
I didn't say so. I used the world "would". It means, if I'm correct in my poor grammar, something that is not going to happen or something impossible in the future.
And yes, be ready for lower living standarts. Fuel, food, energy...

I didn't say so. I used the world "would". It means, if I'm correct in my poor grammar, something that is not going to happen or something impossible in the future.
And yes, be ready for lower living standarts. Fuel, food, energy...

Normally big countries go to a war to test their new weapons. Countries need a threat to get money from citizens for war technology.

The British Army has never helped weak nations.
I like your contributions and you’ve made me laugh for many years, even following your contributions on some US sites. On this occasion your talking utter bollocks! Go look up Kosovo/Albania not really many smaller weaker European nations. Plus isn’t the Uk top 3 for foreign development aid.

Last edited:
I like your contributions and you’ve made me laugh for many years, even following your contributions on some US sites. On this occasion your talking utter bollocks! Go look up Kosovo/Albania not really many smaller weaker European nations. Plus isn’t the Uk top 3 for foreign development aid.

I wrote that thing as provocation.

But lets stop this in this. No need to add bullock into Ukrainian war discussion.

USA is now World Policeman, and it says what country is enemy. Quite many countries have been bombed down during last 20 years and idea is to starve death the people.

Last edited:
Russian army is a poor army as they have been found out, tactics, leadership & moral is bad. But it has taken this war to find out and they never recovered from the bruising they took from the Afghans in the 80's.
Now they rely on sheer terror of long distance missiles, the threat of atomic weapons and medieval tactics of old of murder , pillage and rape.

I have looked much youtube historical videos about wars. They gives often explanation, how wars have generated.

Interesting has been Ottoman's Empire. It existed 600 years. After 1. World War Western World splitted the empire to each others. After 2. WW colonial nations started to become independent.

Ottoman empire was muslim area. Coran taught Arabian language to all those countries.

Fighting about oil and gas has been favorit job during last 100 years. Western countries have been part on these active wars.

There are lots of explanations, why countries fight with each others.

I have looked much youtube historical videos about wars. They gives often explanation, how wars have generated.

Interesting has been Ottoman's Empire. It existed 600 years. After 1. World War Western World splitted the empire to each others. After 2. WW colonial nations started to become independent.

Ottoman empire was muslim area. Coran taught Arabian language to all those countries.

Fighting about oil and gas has been favorit job during last 100 years. Western countries have been part on these active wars.

There are lots of explanations, why countries fight with each others.

My favourite is the History Matters channel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I used the world "would". It means, if I'm correct in my poor grammar, something that is not going to happen or something impossible in the future.
Just have found my grammar book. The sentence with "would defeated" must be without "-ed".:(
USA is now World Policeman, and it says what country is enemy.
I think, if russian bombs and missiles hit Helsinki you would ask the World Policeman for help immediately.
There is another strange story. They say they are fighting against NATO and US domination. OK, they have lost almost 20 thousand soldiers, nearly 300 aircrafts and helicopters (in total) and a mountain of vehicles. NATO and US are not involved in the war yet and have lost nothing. So in this version of war Russians look like idiots.

I don't want to repeat what I have written. This war has the deep historical roots - putin's fake version of history. In that history our country and nation don't exist. After the facts of atrocity in the cities around Kyiv the russian state news agency RIA News published the article "What Russia should do with Ukraine" where they described the policy of genocide, ethnic cleancing and a punishment for those Ukrainians who would be in opposition to the regime.

Inyerestimg has been Ottoman's Empire. It existed 600 years.
Before the Ottoman Empire it was the Greek civilisation, much more developed and advanced than Turks.

If anyone wants to discuss these questions of history, propaganda etc. please contact me with a private message. I don't want to break the rules of this forum.

Just have found my grammar book. The sentence with "would defeated" must be without "-ed".:(

I think, if russian bombs and missiles hit Helsinki you would ask the World Policeman for help immediately.
There is another strange story. They say they are fighting against NATO and US domination. OK, they have lost almost 20 thousand soldiers, nearly 300 aircrafts and helicopters (in total) and a mountain of vehicles. NATO and US are not involved in the war yet and have lost nothing. So in this version of war Russians look like idiots.

I don't want to repeat what I have written. This war has the deep historical roots - putin's fake version of history. In that history our country and nation don't exist. After the facts of atrocity in the cities around Kyiv the russian state news agency RIA News published the article "What Russia should do with Ukraine" where they described the policy of genocide, ethnic cleancing and a punishment for those Ukrainians who would be in opposition to the regime.

Before the Ottoman Empire it was the Greek civilisation, much more developed and advanced than Turks.

If anyone wants to discuss these questions of history, propaganda etc. please contact me with a private message. I don't want to break the rules of this forum.
No keep going here please. This thread is a contact with you and we don’t want to lose it.

Coincidentally I was awake last night and spent a
Russian army is a poor army as they have been found out, tactics, leadership & moral is bad. But it has taken this war to find out and they never recovered from the bruising they took from the Afghans in the 80's.
Now they rely on sheer terror of long distance missiles, the threat of atomic weapons and medieval tactics of old of murder , pillage and rape.
Coincidentally I was awake last night and passed some sleepless time viewing YouTube, eventually reaching a historical video about the life and battles of Vlad the Impaler. As with so many warmongers/leaders of that era it was extremely violent, savage and gory but the behaviour, disregard for human life and cruelty that went on bore an uncanny resemblance to the current actions of Vladimir Putin and his commanders.

Latest posts

Back