The war, the bees, russia and the UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a country the UK has been very fortunate ... even in the worst times of WW2 we were, unlike the majority of Europe, not occupied under the heel of an opressive government and occupying forces.

You surely remember the Irak war. Who started it in the year 2003 and why?

Now 3/4 out of sewage systems are destroyed and 1/2 drinking pipe systems. Lots of diseases after the war.

Eufrat and Tigris riwers are dry and rivers have poisonous water. 20 years such life.

Irak has 40 milj. people.

Wikipedia says : coalition victory....

Last edited:
You surely remember the Irak war. Who started it in the year 2003 and why?

Now 3/4 out of sewage systems are destroyed and 1/2 drinking pipe systems. Lots of diseases after the war.

Eufrat and Tigris riwers are dry and rivers have poisonous water. 20 years such life.

Irak has 40 milj. people.

Wikipedia says : coalition victory....

Yes, the parallels between our invasion of Iraq, and Russia's of Ukraine, had already occurred to me, though there are of course some significant differences too. But if we are going to get into that discussion, this thread really does need to be moved into the "other place".

My comments should go under the stairs: Purely political.

I was 100% anti the Iraq war. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain who had time to read the "evidence" of WMD that Bush and Blair were deluded.(at best)
But after the war the US and UK pumped huge sums of money into Iraq - mostly wasted - in a vain attempt to create a new "democracy". and allowed fairly free elections.Can't see Russia doing that with Ukraine.

Meanwhile Russia is running out of munitions and spare parts which are made in guess where? That's right. Ukraine.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...ir-putin-running-missiles-parts-made-ukraine/
Even allowing for the Fact, it's the Daily Telegraph which wholeheartedly supported WMD in Iraq, Boris on Partygate and Brexit , so wrong at least on two out of three -you must at least give some credence to the story as the Russians have been asking China (allegedly) for military support.

Very much happening now in Europe. It is not good to beekeepers' soul that they merely wonder price of sugar and when to rise their own honey price. And beekeepers love to live with some kind of apocalypse. Finnish beekeepers are mad with these things.

Last December corona figures rised 10 times everywhere in Finland and figures have stayed on high level since that. Lots of old people are dieing now..

Billions of corona money have been delivered free in USA and in Europe. That free money put run human activity too high speed. Energy price jumped to sky. Inflation started to rise many kind of prices.
Prices of plant nutritions are 4 fould compared to last Autumn.

Now all those billion money problem reasons have been cast over Ukrainian war.

Sanktions over Russia have not actually started. We do not know what happens to Europe during next 5 years. Energy is the worst and it radiates to every thing.

5 million refugees inside Europe and homes bombed to ruins. Yesterfay it was a problem in Near East, but now it is in the middle of Europe.

In Finland people do not know to where we are going. We should stop using Russian energy. We should give up gasoline cars, but most of Finnish people do not have money to buy electric cars. ... We should join to Nato. That is the most important issue now. How will we move in the country.

I know how much you have private cars in Britain.

People are mad with their environmental goals, but now everything is pure chaos.

Beekeepers are not very good in these issues, but now they will loose rest of their brain.

I bet that we have soon much more worse problems than pollinators' collapse. Hold your hats..

Last edited:
Yes, the parallels between our invasion of Iraq, and Russia's of Ukraine, had already occurred to me, though there are of course some significant differences too. But if we are going to get into that discussion, this thread really does need to be moved into the "other place".
I don't want to do that. Podilia won't have access

BREAKING NEWS……

Russian resistance crumbles as Ukraine columns enter Moscow9EEF45F0-49A8-400A-8054-C5F3DFD7C11D.jpeg

QUOTE="Ian123, post: 818276, member: 17541"]

Ukrainian war seems to be a good joke to Ian. 🐫

Latest posts

Back