Swarm Prevention

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two way to do AS on Demaree system.

Like out main teacher says. He has 1400 hives.

There is no time search the laying Queen, the take a brood frame with Queen cells into the swarm, and leave the laying Queen with brood.

Do you out the brood box over the Snelgrove board or do you put the box 10 feet away, it does not matter.

Did it was Badgen, Snelgrove or Demaree, I do not mind. Or good heavens the Taranow board, where to shake the swarm that bees walk untill the hive.

i read AS methods from English beekeeping book 40 years ago, but I do not remenber who wrote it. 2 years ago I was obliged to accustome with these famous names meanwhile my swarming happenings became worse. Damn those names!

.2 years ago I was obliged to accustome with these famous names meanwhile my swarming happenings became worse. Damn those names!

:icon_204-2: I know what you mean Finman. You can read so much that you forget who said what or where you read it. The important thing is that you remember what to do (unless you have to take an exam and quote the persons name)

Snelgrove III: PICK THE SWARM FROM APPLE TREE BRANCH

Don't recall that one!
Come on Finman, 5-6 degrees and you can't play swarm ideas?. It's not for real, but it was a genuine method. Being of a curious nature I was interested in why and whether it really worked.

Inane dribble to want to understand things on this forum though, where the cave men "rukle".

Regardless - he still hasn't a clue what the Demarree system is - so why mislead beginners with his inane drivel?

You know that very well well, but it is just stupid waste if time.

You need couple of minutes to read it. Not very difficult to understand

Don't recall that one!
Come on Finman, 5-6 degrees and you can't play swarm ideas?. It's not for real, but it was a genuine method. ".

When you know so much, try to get 400 lbs honey from yout hive, and I start to listen to you.

I measure my skills with yield and not with number of method names..

Get ridd of those demarree board toys and do something more productive...

And read 80 years old advices. Out of sense.

Last edited:
I measure my skills with yield and not with number of method names..

I can't use many of the few skills I've acquired at the moment. Not a lot to do beekeeping wise until spring. Names are pretty meaningless, unless you have to sit an exam as B+ pointed out.
But chewing ideas around is a fun thing to do in the winter. Even out of the normal ones.
But doesn't appear to go down well with some on this forum as it just seems to lead to me receiving torrents of abuse for questioning the "norm". It often happens when people are asked to step outside of their intellectual comfort zone.( Hope that was patronizing enough for some of you :) ..... I don't find humour that easy to do....)

Regardless - he still hasn't a clue what the Demarree system is - so why mislead beginners with his inane drivel?

World is full of all kind of tricks. But I am not going to destroy my hives' foraging power with all those innovations.

Misslead beginners? 2 hives and 10 methods to handle swarming. IT is wonder if hives are alive after all those treatments.

well, there's another beginners thread totally trashed, but obviously - as long as finsky is allowed to stuff his dogma down everyone's throat, and rubbish any good advice he hasn't copied and pasted off google all is well in the world :)

well, there's another beginners thread totally trashed, but obviously - as long as finsky is allowed to stuff his dogma down everyone's throat, and rubbish any good advice he hasn't copied and pasted off google all is well in the world :)

Oh mom, help me!

:yeahthat:

God bless him... unfortunately.....he/she is not the only beginner trashee:nono:

Mytten da

:yeahthat: 'Fraid so ... turning in to the Fin and Thy show around here ....

I can't use many of the few skills I've acquired at the moment. Not a lot to do beekeeping wise until spring. Names are pretty meaningless, unless you have to sit an exam as B+ pointed out.
But chewing ideas around is a fun thing to do in the winter. Even out of the normal ones.
But doesn't appear to go down well with some on this forum as it just seems to lead to me receiving torrents of abuse for questioning the "norm". It often happens when people are asked to step outside of their intellectual comfort zone.( Hope that was patronizing enough for some of you :) ..... I don't find humour that easy to do....)

Oh my ....read a bit of Shakespeare

Malvolio - Twelfth Night ... Act 2 Scene 5 ... It begins ... "In my stars I am above thee..."

:yeahthat: 'Fraid so ... turning in to the Fin and Thy show around here ....

Not for much longer, Finman will be leaving the beginners section soon i hope, and i think yourself and Thy should put each other on ignore, the chasing around the forum needling each other needs to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back