"Survivor bees" found in Blenheim Forest

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still got all my fingers and I've been using it for the last 7 years 😊. They say a bad workman always blames his tool! 😀
Stop saying that.. I have only 9.438 fingers and you are making fun of my deformity...:devilish::mad:

Please note: 1, this is a joke and 2, I do have 9.5 fingers due to a saw accident)

Many years go when SWMBO and I got together, she worked behind the bar at the Fishing and Shooting club, the majority of the members were either miners or ex miners and she used to say it was unusual to see a member with a full set of digits. In fact, she thought it was a condition of membership to have at least one missing digit and that I was an exception to the norm!

I had an "uncle" (friend of the family type) when I was a lad who was a machinist in a woodworking shop. He had 3.5 fingers on one hand and 4 on the other. Many years later I got talking to ex colleagues of his who recon he always joked about each bit of digit he lost!!!!

Stop saying that.. I have only 9.438 fingers and you are making fun of my deformity...:devilish::mad:

Please note: 1, this is a joke and 2, I do have 9.5 fingers due to a saw accident)
Yes ... we remember ... circular saws are dangerous when you try and cut your fingernails with them ....

Many years go when SWMBO and I got together, she worked behind the bar at the Fishing and Shooting club, the majority of the members were either miners or ex miners and she used to say it was unusual to see a member with a full set of digits. In fact, she thought it was a condition of membership to have at least one missing digit and that I was an exception to the norm!
Just goes to prove that 99% of the population have above the average number of digits

I didn't say that, so don't try to put words in my mouth. Beginners will never be encouraged by sarcastic, belittling responses, but can be guided by POLITE correction which encourages rather than alienates.

You don't know, how many times a beginners try to make fool with old beekeepers.

And when we speak about English forum members, POLITE is far from them word store. Poking is British national game.

Age rasism is a favorite.

You don't know, how many times a beginners try to make fool with old beekeepers.

And when we speak about English forum members, POLITE is far from them word store. Poking is British national game.

Age rasism is a favorite.
So beginners should never ask questions? Then how do they learn? By killing colonies by ignorance.

As for "Age rasism" (Age racism perhaps?), how can someone be "Age racist" if they don't know how old you are?

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt because your first language is obviously not English, "Poking is British national game." makes no sense.

So beginners should never ask questions? Then how do they learn? By killing colonies by ignorance.

As for "Age rasism" (Age racism perhaps?), how can someone be "Age racist" if they don't know how old you are?

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt because your first language is obviously not English, "Poking is British national game." makes no sense.
So it seems to you. I have learned to poke back. When Finnish is your first language, but my experinces about poking on American and on English forum have taught me.

National game makes no sense, but it makes so good feeling into your heart.

I think the term is ‘Ageist’, there’s no such term as age racism, but I understood what Finman meant with English not being HIS first language.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt because your first language is obviously not English, "Poking is British national game."
Interesting. I've always felt that it must take quite a strong grasp of written English to make some of his 'odd' posts over past years!

"Poking is British national game." makes no sense.
I don't know - a bit of poking, especially on a cold Sunday morning does bring a bit of colour to SWMBO's cheeks.

she does like a good, well tended open coal fire

Latest posts

Back