Supers and varroa treatments

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. If Api-Bioxal is > 10% OA (which it is, I'm pretty sure), surely it should be covered by the same legislation?

James

I'm considering an instantvap. Do these work OK with apibioxal? Having seen the videos of clouds of steam when cleaning an instantvap I presume the cleaning process gets rid of lumps of burnt sugar, can anyone confirm, please?

I'm considering an instantvap. Do these work OK with apibioxal
No don't do it. The amount of caramelised sugar on a varrox you could cope with by putting foil in the pan but an instantvap will get glued up. Join the instantvap group on FB to ask the experts.
Or...................... don't use Apibioxal

I've just been reading up on what's required to get an EPP licence and discovered that it is an offence to supply, acquire, possess or use (in this case) OA without an EPP licence, with a maximum sentence of two years in prison.

Really makes me wonder even more what the legal situation is for Api-Bioxal in that case. I struggle to see why it should be treated any differently just because it contains some glucose and silica too.

James

I've just been reading up on what's required to get an EPP licence and discovered that it is an offence to supply, acquire, possess or use (in this case) OA without an EPP licence, with a maximum sentence of two years in prison.

Really makes me wonder even more what the legal situation is for Api-Bioxal in that case. I struggle to see why it should be treated any differently just because it contains some glucose and silica too.

James
Precisely, the minority components or excipients mean that pharmaceutical companies can patent the solutions and register a different EPP licence with the ultimate goal of preventing you from being able to circumvent the system without a veterinary authorization.

Google beekeeping in HMprisons and it seems very popular. Don’t know about Strangeways
Go for Broadmoor - according to a retired Mental nurse who worked there, the inmates are much more fun.

Latest posts

Back