Sugar wax

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I wonder, why some countries have so low price in exported honey: Ukraine, Argentina, Vietnam.... Perhaps some quality risks or what?

local aberrations which even out in the long term. Wherever there is a price differential, opportunities exist for above average returns. Investors buy where the price is low and sell where it is high (in a free market). This satisfies the surplus demand and drives down prices in the high price region and creates shortages (even temporary ones) in the low price market. This combined with increasingly sophisticated sellers drives up the price in the low-price region. The price evens out over time and disparity only exists temporarily.

But I wonder, why some countries have so low price in exported honey: Ukraine, Argentina, Vietnam.... Perhaps some quality risks or what?
I wonder either. The quality is not a matter. Antibiotic control is very severe. I have already written that sugar replacenment is not profitable even for winter food because of the low honey price. There are no reasons to buy sugar and spend much time and efforts for feeding. In winter the price was $1,7/kg. Now the price is lower than 1,5. There is no chinese honey; we have a lot of our own inexpensive honey which is difficult to sell especially if you have less than 1 ton. There are also an economic crisis, high military expenses and corruption. Living standarts have been falling for several years. People don't buy honey in local markets. A few big exporters-monopolists dictate the export price. Foreigh companies which buy their honey outside the country, belong to those exporters. Then those fake companies sell honey to other real foreigh companies with real prices. Nevertheless I'm optimistic. Until bees are alive we succeed.

Last edited:
Back to the OP.
Rule 7 of from the schedule and regulations of the Welsh National Honey show:

All exhibits must have been prepared by the person in whose name they have been entered and all honey and wax must have been gathered from flowers in the natural way within the United
Kingdom

Latest posts

Back