Sugar wax

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't know the answer, you ask the question, isn't this why we have forums?

I figure if he can seek out an article on the composition of wax, he can look up the composition of sucrose( if he doesn't know it already) and see the obvious similarities. This avoiding the question

I figure if he can seek out an article on the composition of wax, he can look up the composition of sucrose( if he doesn't know it already) and see the obvious similarities. This avoiding the question

If this had been asked in the beginners section, what would the reaction have been?

The question that often plays on my mind is - where does all the fluff I find in my belly button come from? is the navel actually a gland that produces fluff? and if so, what gets turned into fluff? it must be meat based, and if I change my diet to a vegetarian one - is it really fluff or something else?

The question that often plays on my mind is - where does all the fluff I find in my belly button come from? is the navel actually a gland that produces fluff? and if so, what gets turned into fluff? it must be meat based, and if I change my diet to a vegetarian one - is it really fluff or something else?

I remember this from a few years ago on a tv programme.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987709000474

A bit more in depth.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150709-the-curious-truth-about-belly-button-fluff

Get the area waxed for charity and give us an updated.

Last edited:
Beeswax = wax made by bees. I don't think anyone ever said what it was made from. :ohthedrama:

Honey in the EU must be from Apis Mellifera + a shed load of other legislation, LOL. If you buy supermarket honey it nearly always states its a mix of EU and non EU honey, I wonder what the non EU honey consists of ?

Cheers, Mike

What about Bum fluff ?:icon_204-2:

Actually real honey is so cheap on global markets that no need to use fake.
That would be why USA is using HPLC machines to ensure that imported honey is actual honey and not adulterated with sugar syrups.
There are reasons why it is so cheap.

That would be why USA is using HPLC machines to ensure that imported honey is actual honey and not adulterated with sugar syrups.
There are reasons why it is so cheap.

Every country has fake control system.

No need to carry others' burden.

Foreign honey, foreign plants, foreign bees, foreign everything..

You have good air forces. Use them.

Last edited:
Is there a difference between syrup wax and nectar wax? Or is it basically the same because it is PRODUCED by the bees, NOT PROCESSED by the bees.

BJD

Could say the same about urine, produced from Theakston's Old Peculiar or Guinness?

Looks much the same thing to me!
+ I'm sure that (if there was a sudden dramatic increase in the need for gunpowder), both have the same chemical structure & value. :spy:

It does not drop global prices.

No.
Hmm...supply vs demand (increase supply reduces price at any given level of demand).
If you reduce the supply, because of ...let's say contamination....you drive the price up (except the contaminated product which, of course, declines in value)

basic economics

Last edited:
But I wonder, why some countries have so low price in exported honey: Ukraine, Argentina, Vietnam.... Perhaps some quality risks or what?

But I wonder, why some countries have so low price in exported honey: Ukraine, Argentina, Vietnam.... Perhaps some quality risks or what?

In a lot of exporting countries large amounts of Chinese honey are imported by the big packers to drive prices down

Latest posts

Back